X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wardrive
    • Aug 2004

Projector Ceiling Mounts

OK, first off this is not an advertisement, I really am looking for some input.

I bought an Epson S1 and have been thrilled with the unit. Great picture and a great price. I wanted to mount it in my home and looked online for ceiling mounts.....man, they were expensive! There was no way I will pay 150-200.00 for a mount.

Now, the good thing is that I also happen to own a metal fabrication business. I looked over some of the mounts online and designed my own mount. Several friends saw the mount and suggested I sell one on ebay.

Here is my Infocus

Ebay add...shows the specs if interested
    Removed by administrator - use of the forum to point to auctions for possible personal gain is against forum rules

and Epson

I built a couple more units and they have been selling very well. I typically sell them for 50.00 to 60.00 I went to the local Best Buy and looked over the units they carried and the sales guy said the Infocus X1 was real popular. I asked him he minded if I looked at the X1 and took the hole position off of the unit, he said no problem. So now I sell mounts for the Espon S1 and the Infocus X1 (also X2, 4800 and 4805). I am trying to sell high quality brackets for the entry level projectors.

Now...here is my problem..

I do not know what other projectors are real popular in the entry level range, 1500.00 or less. I also do not know how to get the hole positions for these units. I would like to know from some people here what they think are popular budget projectors and where they are sold at. I will go to the stores and try and get the hole pattern off them.

Again, I am not trying to sell anything here, just trying to expand my inventory of mounts for all us guys who are tight on money but want a nice bracket.

Thanks in advance
    David
  • malcky
    • Jun 2004

Hi mate, i agree the mounts are silly money which is why mine is screwed to a piece of wood which is then screwed to the roof.

I like the examples you have and seem a fair price and would have been interested in one from you for the sanyo z2, but as i have been stung big time on a customs bill recently (1st ever time buying from overseas and i get stung, see thread on the a/v chalet forum here) so it will be the last time i ever buy from overseas again.

cheers

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

It's a very nice mount. I might be interested in one for a Z2 as well, however, I do have to consider cabling, which currently is running on the floor.

You just can't point to ebay ads to sell this. If you want to advertise at the forum, you can sell them here. That's how it works for personal gain.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Paul H
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lex
        ... however, I do have to consider cabling ...

Lex

I would say you should

Paul

Comment

• Wardrive
          • Aug 2004

Lex,

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to start advertising somewhere, can you send me the rates?

I am sorry about the ebay link, it was not ment to sell, more to show the specs for anyone interested. As regards your Z2 comment, the whole point of my post was to try and get new hole patterns for projectors. If you would want to send me your hole pattern, I could make you a mount for a very nice price.

David

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Haha Paul. You know there is electrical cabling to consider as well for 2 projectors. not just video. :W

I will email you David.

Thanks,
            Doug
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

The Infocus 4805 and Sanyo Z1 & Z2 and its twin the Studio Experience 1HD & 2HD would be high on the list of hot budget PJ's. I built a simple wooden mount for my 1HD but I might be interested in a low cost metal one at some point. It would have to be in black though if that's not a problem. Also what's the drop height from the top to the bottom of the two plates? Space is a problem for me so the one I built is pretty short.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Looks good mounts for decent $$ :T One suggestion I might make, as others have, is some sort of cable routing built in to the mount, most likely through the vertical section of the mount.

Jason
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"