A question for Infocus 4805 owners & others.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeneTheMachine
    • Nov 2004

A question for Infocus 4805 owners & others.

I'll be picking up a 4805 on Saturday and trying to get my room somewhat set. My floor plan would be nicer if I could have the seating between 10-11 feet from the screen. I'm wondering if this is possible with the 4805 and what screen size would be best at that distance. If that close of a viewing position is not advised due to image quality then I can certainly move the seating area back but I was hoping to get a bistro table or bar behind the couch.

I think I read on the forum that someone has his veiw area at 13' with a 90-something screen. I'm going to have a 76" screen for the time being. Does that mean I can get closer with the same image quality, just smaller?

Thanks for helping a newbie out! :T

Cheers
  • Joe Rock
    • Oct 2004

GeneTheMachine,

Yep, the smaller the screen the closer you can sit! From personal experience, I watched three movies with the 4805 on a 76" Matte White screen @ 10 feet away, honestly I think I could have sat closer with no problems. I really think you will be fine at 10 feet.

HTH,

Joe

Comment

• Claude D D
      • Jan 2003

Mine's a 92" at 13ft.At that distance pixel structure is visible during some scenes.But nothing that bugs me.At 10 feet, 80" or less would look excellent above that you would probably notice the pixel structure slightly. :T

Comment

• Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004

...rule of thumb for SDA is 1.75x the base of the screen for DLP projectors....
        Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• GeneTheMachine
          • Nov 2004

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like I'm in! :B

The only other concern I have has developed after reading a review of the machine that stated the projector has to be positioned considerably below the top of the screen to prevent the need for keystone adjustment. Does anyone have a measurement of that drop distance?

The ceiling in my HT room is only 7' 6".

Thanks again. 8)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"