X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kartmanjim
    • Jun 2004

Cheap Runco Idp 980 Ultra

I have an oppitunity to purchase a runco idp 980 ultra for about $500[aud]
    the guy reckons the unit worked fine until recently. now when he switches the unit on it wont fire up and the indicator on the back control panel keeps blinking F3/Fd/00 [round robin] does anyone know what the problem is and would it be expensive to repair. the timer on the unit is about 1,800 hrs of use .
  • draganm
    • Jul 2005

franz, you got me again. But FYI, the Runco 980 was built by NEC in Japan, it's an NEC PG6200 (6PG Xtra)7"tubes, 1000 lumens, max rez 1280x1024 100MHz Electromagnetic focus. It's a very good little machine, and it would be worth $500. if it didn't need a repair. In the US it would only sell for $500. in very good condition. This one didn't even meet opening bid.

Comment

• Spanky Ham
      • Jul 2006

I haven't looked at the PGs in awhile, but you should give Mark_A_W on AVS a call. He is in Australia as well and may have some boards to diagnose the problem.

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by draganm
        franz, you got me again. But FYI, the Runco 980 was built by NEC in Japan, it's an NEC PG6200 (6PG Xtra)7"tubes, 1000 lumens, max rez 1280x1024 100MHz Electromagnetic focus. It's a very good little machine, and it would be worth $500. if it didn't need a repair. In the US it would only sell for $500. in very good condition. This one didn't even meet opening bid.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:L:RTQ:US:1
        The 980 Ultra is a 9PG (I think), I looked it up a week or so ago.
        Danish

Comment

• dyazdani
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

I checked again, it says the OEM is a PG-9200/9PG Xtra, still 7" CRTs.
          Danish

Comment

• sean0633
            • Dec 2008

runco idp 980

Did you buy this I just got one (runco idp 980 super IDTV 2 crt that came with a faroudja up400 line quadrupler) In perfect working condition but it's just too much for me

Comment

• Dean McManis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • May 2003

Yeah, the 9PG was a nice projector. But the hard part is that some of the replacement parts are pricey because the original unit was very expensive originally. You can get the parts with some research, but it's not easy. Plus finding a skilled local repair technician for CRT FPTVs is getting harder to find now.

Comment

• jessccs
                • Aug 2011

RUNCO projector

POST REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR - please re-read the rules on selling stuff here. I suggest eBay or Videogon or Craigslist...
                Last edited by jessccs; 31 August 2011, 21:43 Wednesday. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"