X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ti33er
    • Apr 2004

My New portable BUDGET Screen!

Well my esteemed forum companions, after trawling many sites and reading up on Projector screens until early hours of the morning (and with my current budget constraint), I have purchased the following screen - thought that I might share with you because I think that it is a wonderful find!

Here is the link to manufacturer's Description: (also see the attached pic) http://products.sony.ie/productdetail.asp?id=14_41_4182

...she has cost me a mere £110 incl. P&P, and that picture does not do her any real justice, as she actually is finished in silver lacquer with a speckle of fairy dust (glitter, not all glitter that is Gold )...and packs away into a tidy little speed-bump when not in use! - how cool!! ...I don't actually have her in my living room just yet, but when I do receive, will post pics!

PS. I have seen a demo screen, and the quality for the money is A1! :T
    Attached Files
    "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"
  • ti33er
    • Apr 2004

Sorry, forgot to mention that she is 70", and in USD about $200 - is that good value or what (probably cheaper in the USA as well if you can find it?) :E

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Looks pretty nice, it's a pretty funny coincidence that your soon to be new portable Sony screen is the same size as the Carada fixed wall screen I bought to put on the roll-around stand I made a couple of years ago for a DIY screen! 70" diagonal 16X9 is a fairly convenient size- plenty big enough for mid sized to smaller rooms, and results in a pretty bright, punchy picture.

What projector will you be using with your new Sony screen once it arrives?

~Jon
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ti33er
        • Apr 2004

I will be purchasing the Infocus 4805 of course - the MOMENT it hits my Dealer's shop floor!

Comment

• barry
          • Nov 2004

[QUOTE=ti33er]Well my esteemed forum companions, after trawling many sites and reading up on Projector screens until early hours of the morning (and with my current budget constraint), I have purchased the following screen - thought that I might share with you because I think that it is a wonderful find!

Here is the link to manufacturer's Description: (also see the attached pic) http://products.sony.ie/productdetail.asp?id=14_41_4182

...she has cost me a mere £110 incl. P&P, and that picture does not do her any real justice, as she actually is finished in silver lacquer with a speckle of fairy dust (glitter, not all glitter that is Gold )...and packs away into a tidy little speed-bump when not in use! - how cool!! ...I don't actually have her in my living room just yet, but when I do receive, will post pics! Well, would you like a REAL BUDGET SCREEN, with a 107 inch diagonal (adjustable),2:1 aspect ratio, for under $20.00 U.S? That's right, twenty dollars! I have two. Go to Home deopt or equivalent and but a 4X8 ft piece of household insulation. Buy the kind without the shiny side. put two coats of paint on it(flat grey latex for DLP) shiny paint for others, and you have a great screen that weighs under 1 pound, and stows easily behind the couch in the guest room, along the wall. It can be cut down with an Exacto knife once you have determined your max picture size with each apect ratio projected, and really works. Good luck!

Comment

• barry
            • Nov 2004

[QUOTE=barry]
            Originally posted by ti33er
            Well my esteemed forum companions, after trawling many sites and reading up on Projector screens until early hours of the morning (and with my current budget constraint), I have purchased the following screen - thought that I might share with you because I think that it is a wonderful find!

...she has cost me a mere £110 incl. P&P, and that picture does not do her any real justice, as she actually is finished in silver lacquer with a speckle of fairy dust (glitter, not all glitter that is Gold )...and packs away into a tidy little speed-bump when not in use! - how cool!! ...I don't actually have her in my living room just yet, but when I do receive, will post pics! Well, would you like a REAL BUDGET SCREEN, with a 107 inch diagonal (adjustable),2:1 aspect ratio, for under $20.00 U.S? That's right, twenty dollars! I have two. Go to Home deopt or equivalent and but a 4X8 ft piece of household insulation. Buy the kind without the shiny side. put two coats of paint on it(flat grey latex for DLP) shiny paint for others, and you have a great screen that weighs under 1 pound, and stows easily behind the couch in the guest room, along the wall. It can be cut down with an Exacto knife once you have determined your max picture size with each apect ratio projected, and really works. Good luck!
            sorry that my reply was put rght in the middle of the quote. I don't know what happened or if I did something wrong. I wanted to add that the 4x8 sheet of insulation is like Styrofoam, if anyone wants to look for it. Sorry, but there should be an auto new paragrapg, shouldn't there be?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"