X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NHT
    • Mar 2004

Front Projector or Rear Projector

hello again fellas. Ive been shopping around for a new tv for the last 2 months and cannot come to a decision. Choices choices! There are so many to choose from that Im going zonkers and just want to pull all my hair out! To top it all off, my wife and I went to a Home Show today and there was a home theater vendor that was showcasing a 92 inch front projector system. ANd you know what happened? She made my life that much harder and told me thats what she wants. Arghhhhhh!!!

So, now the WAF is at full force. I have always been curious and considered front projectors but I didnt think she would ever go for it. So thats why Im turning to you guys for help again.

First of all my budget is about 4-5 grand for a new tv. Can I get a decent setup for this price or would performance be mediocre with this budget? What are some of your suggestions for projector and screen for this price range? I have pretty much ruled LCD and DLP out(except the Loewe DLP, its amazing). So the runners up are front projector and rear projector.

The one concern that I have with fptv is that the picture might not be as clear as rptvs. Is this true? Could I get a good fptv and a screen with my budget? WOuld the picture even compete with, lets say, a Mitsubishi Diamond or Toshiba HX93?

What are the downsides if any with fptvs? This is my first forray into this technology and I am ridiculously clueless. There is a huge "wow" factor with them but how do they compare with raw performance? Picture quality? THe room that its going into will be a light controlled environment and its app 14x12.

I do appreciate your time and any comments and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

Hi NHT

I have pretty much ruled LCD and DLP out(except the Loewe DLP, its amazing). So the runners up are front projector and rear projector.
    euhh buddy that means you want a FP that is a CRT 8O ....no 4-5 Grand is not enough...Those babies go for way more and are mammoths...they weigh in at around 100-250 pounds....and...are really tough to install...require maintenance...and...a pure dark room...

LCD and DLP screens whether it be Rear projector or FP quite simply RULE.

Check out a thread below on the Matinee 2 hd or Sanyo Z2...very affordable and very amazing....

Also...you have to figure out what you are using this set up for....I have Both...RPTV and FP....because I watch tv on my RPTV...the FP has a bulb life....that when it konks out you have to replace.....they usually run between 400-800.00$

Anyway I`ll let you get back on this.....

Bam!
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"