X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOWARD
    • Jun 2004

information

Any one know how the mitsu ws-48413 would look on normal cable?? give me the good bad and ugly, thanx hb
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

That's a pretty tough one to comment on even if I had that set as everyone's cable service is different from home to home. Heck on analog channels, cable service varies from channel to channel. Besides you should judge the quality of a set on the best possible sources (HDTV or DVD at the least) not the worst (NTSC based cable ) No TV will make a bad NTSC signal look good. However, a set that reproduces HDTV or DVD with accurate colour, good detail (resolution) etc should give you as good a picture as your NTSC signal will allow.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

I understand what Howard's concern is. The problem is that a lot of sets have really mediocre scalers, so if they're working with signal that aren't native rate, or are noisy, the picture quality compared with an average NTSC set actually DEGRADES!

That's part of why I don't have cable, and only watch my favorite TV shows these days AFTER they come out on DVD.

I know, not very practical in many cases. But spend some time browsing around Best Buy or similar places, and look at how bad the average standard Def signal look on most HDTVs, compared with an average 4:3. It's criminal, in my opinion. But then my only source now for NTSC TV (OTA) is a MyHD card, who's built in Janus chip does pretty decent scaling in hardware.

~Jon
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"