X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jose
    • May 2004

Rainbows???

I've got a NEC LT260K. The image is awesome but I see a slower version of the rainbow effect. I see Red, Green and Blue dots in a row. Are these rainbows or is this a problem with the projector??? If this is a rainbow effect, will the HT1000 / HT1100 be a better choice with the faster color wheel???
    Any comments would be appreciated..
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I know the HT1000 had a great reputation. I think George Bellefontaine has one here at the Guide. I'm sure the dual color wheels vs a single wheel will be a large difference if I got that right.

Myself, I'm pretty happy with LCD projectors, instead of digital.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Red, green and blue dots in a row doesn't sound like rainbows. Rainbows are basically a fleeting flash of color usually seen when a bright object, such as a torch flame, is seen against a dark background. As for speed of color wheel, my HT1000 has a 4x color wheel, and I believe that is the same as the 260. The new 1100 is supposed to have a 5x color wheel.

How often do you see these dots ? That doesn't sound normal.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• jose
        • May 2004

I can only describe the dots as 3/4" squares in a row. My kid saw an entire row of dots. Have tried several movies and they are all about the same. I've tried 4 different cables from my denon 3803 (vga to component video). Length of cable is 25' long. One projector went back already and the replacement is better but it seems like the processing is slowing down to a point where I see the individual pixels. Will Farujda (sp) processing help like the HT1000??? I've bypassed the denon with the video all together and I'm going to try s-video cable. Eng at NEC says possibly digital noise!!! Don't know where it's coming from but can't figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Wow, that's got me stumped. I can only tell you that I don't see anything like this on my HT1000. My picture is smooth and filmlike with no video noise. I suppose it could be a bad cable, or perhaps the input receptors are bumming out.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"