X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docted
    • Apr 2004

Cable or Satellite?

I have received my Toshiba 51hx93 and presently have it connected to SD cable.
    I will be switching to HD and I have a choice of Rogers Cable, Starchoice and Bell Satellite. I am aware that Satellite is usually better, but I would appreciate comments from the members. Thanks.
    Ted.
  • Toolatecrew
    • Apr 2004

Cable has one big flaw as far as I'm concerned. Many of the channels are still an analog signal and the quality SUCKS.

I have cable becuse I also have Internet and Phone therough eastlink and it is cost effective. It is also superior in resisting weather issues. We've a hurricane and 120 cm snow storm (in less than 48 hours). This kinda stuff tends to hur sattlite up time.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I think Toolatecrew pretty much sums it up there.

Cable is more affordable (especially if you also have internet etc through them) and is more resistant to weather and environment (trees, buildings) issues. However most of the channels are still analog and they tend to offer less HDTV channels and programming at this time.

Satellite however is all digital and especially Bell (the last time I checked) has a fair bit more HDTV channels and programming. It is however, marginally more expensive and sensitive to weather and if you have an environment allowing a clear shot at the satellites.

Jason
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"