X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Immersive is jumping in with the Virtuoso

This is probably old news but it was new to me...

immersiveinc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, immersiveinc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

An HD2 Projector with DCDI that is ultra-quiet for under 10 grand! MSRP: $8500 USD.

The price of some serious technology is dropping and dropping. Combine this with that Bravo player Chris has been raving about and I think you'd have a wicked combination.

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yes, there's been a lot of interesting talk on this PJ at another HT site.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yup, I've started looking at this one too.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

If I were buying a DLP, this is the one I would buy. From all reports, it matches the Marantz S2 in image quality, comes calibrated really well right out of the box and is close to silent. The quoted lumen rating is what you actually end up with, not a max value per usual specs too. So it ends up being soemwhat brighter than the Marantz.

Unfortunately, can't handle 1 chip DLPs, have horrible light control, and I already have a PJ.

BB

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

I have XGA DLP and D-ILA FPTVs and I'm waiting for a BIG leap ahead in technology before I buy again. Maybe DLP, maybe SXRD, maybe laser.
          But most likely 6 months to a year after they are released and the price drops a bit. I suppose that I'm waiting for $10K-$15K 1080P native projectors before I buy again.

-Dean.

Comment

• Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001

The much rumored "laser" product is in a demo prototype form right now, and is an RP product, not FP. A marketable consumer device is some ways off. The less rumored "laser" unit I have no info on, may be an FP design.

There is another very interesting development coming RSN, though.

BB

Comment

• SayersWeb
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Gordon Moore
              Combine this with that Bravo player Chris has been raving about and I think you'd have a wicked combination.
              I just got a Bravo to use with my L300u. Really fantastic picture.

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Sayers, did you set the custom setting with the new firmware on the Bravo for the L300? Reportedly really makes a difference.

CHRIS
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• SayersWeb
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
                  Sayers, did you set the custom setting with the new firmware on the Bravo for the L300? Reportedly really makes a difference.
                  Had to update the firmware after I received the Bravo. It did not work properly with the L300u until the firmware was updated. All current shipping units seem to still have the old firmware installed.

This player is only useful for DVI since it's Progressive Scan PQ is only average.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Good to hear that, Sayers. Me, I haven't figured out the custom settings necessary for my plasma display yet. I agree about the DVI use only.

CHRIS
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• SayersWeb
                      • Dec 2002

Good to hear that, Sayers. Me, I haven't figured out the custom settings necessary for my plasma display yet. I agree about the DVI use only.
                      Did you upgrade the Firmware on the Bravo? Otherwise, none of te custom settings you enter will take. Jim Noyd from V Inc. (Bravo manufacturer) worked closely with a PT-L300u owner to get the correct settings. Maybe you can approach him?

Comment

• Brandon B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Jun 2001

Vinc is the seller of the D1, but it is OEMed in China. Vinc is actually tied in to Princeton Graphics, and Jim is in Marketing and lists them among his clients. He is semi-tech savvy, but is not the one who figured out any of the settings, he acted as a conduit between some engineering types at Vinc and the Panny user.

Your best bet may be to check at AVS for anyone with your display and a D1. Failing that, experiment. Worst outcome is you have to use a scaled resolution other than the native of your display. For some, this included unacceptable artifacts (like the panny 300), but for most, 720p or 1080i worked pretty well also.

BB

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Sayers: You know, I didn't even think about that. I just followed the instructions for using the new firmware, and was able to access the custom settings menu. I just assumed that since I could, I had the firmware update. I guess I need to do the update to ACTIVATE the custom settings?

Haven't been able to find anyone else yet with my display ANYWHERE that is also using a D1.

CHRIS
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jun 2001

Haven't been able to find anyone else yet with my display ANYWHERE that is also using a D1.
                            Next best bet, find someone using an HTPC and your display and start with their settings.

BB

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"