X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

NEC Rebate

Got my $225 CDN rebate cheque today. I shoulda waited, though. They are now offering a $700 rebate. I tried to convince them I should be eligible :LOL: but they just laughed. Believe they are moving out the HT1000 to make room for their new 1280 x 720 model that's expected to be announced this Fall.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

Yeah, the prices are always dropping, and new/improved HT products are always coming out. But I've read very good things about the HT1000, and it sounds like a nice HT projector. 8)

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I tell you, Dean, I am addicted to that PJ. My jaw drops every time I fire up the system and pop a dvd in the 7700 player. One strange thing, though. When I first got the PJ and after watching several movies, I never recalled seeing those dreaded color flashes ( rainbows). But I do see quite often now. They are not bothersome, and are only visible on certain material. Gladiator, with all the torchlit scenes is rainbow hell. I find if I concentrate on the movie and don't dart my eyes about, the color flashes are fewer and far between. It's a minor irk, but the great picture and contrast more than make up for that. And I don't get headaches or eye fatigue. Now my wife doesn't see these color flashes at all. It's one strange phenomenom.

I still have my Sony VPL400Q installed, and if I have company that is bothered by the rainbow effect of the NEC, I will switch over to the Sony. Frankly, I have a hard time watching anything on the Sony now. Like I said, the NEC is addictive.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"