X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Front projection screens, who has one?

How many of you have bought a front projection screen in the last few years? Details please. What have you bought?
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

Not all that recently, but I have a Stewart microperf screen (180") and before that I had a DaLite AT screen the same size, and before that I had a smaller Draper screen. Each was an improvement over the previous one.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I did but it's just a cheapie ebay screen and was purchased as a "for now" place holder.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Well, I know a lot more people than this have projection screens, come on guys, participate.

Of course we lost our screen advertiser anyway, but I'd still like to see results here.
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Mine isn't terribly "recent" either (7 years now since we rebuilt our house) but we have a Da-Lite drop down 6' wide 16:9 screen. Cosmopolitan I believe it's called. Not sure of the gain or other specs, but it works well with my NEC CRT PJ.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

A screen isn't something you upgrade very often, It's sort of a buy once and forget about it thing.

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

I made my own and my current space restrictions limit me to that one for the foreseeable future. If I come into a sizeable chunk of spending money, ideally I'd splurge for a motorized drop down screen with a plasma TV behind it for more casual viewing. But that's a pipe dream, not an expectation.

About the only option I'd seriously consider down the road is an acoustically transparent screen so I could go for an identical front three speaker array, but that is years down the road.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                Mad Max Moderator
                • Aug 2000

I have a Carada for my NEC 9 PG - bought a few years ago, It's a medium reflectance, nice off axis rendition, too.
                the AudioWorx
                Natalie P
                M8ta
                Modula Neo DCC
                Modula MT XE
                Modula Xtreme
                Isiris
                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                Minerva Monitor
                Calliope
                Ardent D

In Development...
                Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                Obi-Wan
                Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                Modula PWB
                Calliope CC Supreme
                Natalie P Ultra
                Natalie P Supreme
                Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Panoview 92" 16:9 matte white 1.0 gain (IIRC). It's been over 5 or 6 years since I purchased it.
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• ellisr63
                    • Jan 2013

I have been using a Jamestown 134" 16x9 screen for about 1 1/2 years now and I am happy with it.
                    Marantz AV8805a, 7 channel Icepower DIY amp, 3 Klipsch K402 MEH speakers, 4 Klipsch rp150 speakers, LG 86" 4k FP, Zappiti Reference, Denafrips Pontus ii, Lumin U1 Mini, and Panasonic ub820, 2 Yamaha p2500s amps.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Yeah, I've had a couple screens, but in regards to the original post asking about purchases in the last few years, I haven't. My first screen was a 118" perforated Da-Lite that I absolutely loved for my previous theater. Sold it with the house several years ago. My current house came with a theater and 96" Stewart Greyhawk. Great performing screen, but I wish it was bigger. This theater is also not configured for a perforated screen with speakers behind (which I prefer) but still works well. It just hasn't been worth it to me to upgrade, so I'm plenty good with what I've got.
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

I have a Da-lite 105" fixed screen that has served me well for about 9 or 10 years now and still see no need to upgrade.
                        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"