X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orbiter0007
    • Jun 2005

Projection in daylight, with all the lights on or high ambient light levels

I had a chance to see the new daylight projection screens from ICE AV today in NZ. They were featured in our national newspaper NZ Herald yesterday and got glowing reports, so I thought I had better see them for myself. Well I was totally impressed and yes they work in a full lit room. Interestingly it did not make any difference whether the room lights were on or off or the windows covered. When they showed me web site, word docs etc the picture was extremely bright. The typical movies I saw the picture was very good. They said their screens are rated at 20 gain, I also saw their dual image screens, new matt mirror screen, plus the tension and motorised versions...excellent pictures.
    here is the newspaper article .. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm...jectID=10328747 also they have a web site www.daylightdigital.biz I had a look on their web iste and their is an extensive white paper so it seems they are prepared to share their tech info more than Sony. Apparently they have already a number of commercial installations in New Zealand with Blockbuster Video, United Video, a number of gyms in the cardio theatres of Les Mills plus home theatres have the screens installed.
    They said their screens perform better than the Sony black screens.
    John Brownly
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Interesting, Orbiter! (welcome to the Guide, too!) :banana:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"