X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBSMOKE
    • Dec 2006

DragonFly Projection screens

Hello all! Has anyone ever heard of DragonFly Projection screens? If so, how do they perform? I know that they are a lower cost item out of China, but that is about it. I was considering pairing a lower in Marantz projector with one of them and didn't know if its worth it to step up to a Stewart or Stewart quality screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... never heard of them. You really couldn't go wrong with a Stewart screen, though. Great stuff.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

DaLite makes a good screen, too. I've owned three in my HT lifetime.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Another idea would be a Carada screen.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

I would put the Dragonfly on par screen wise with the low-end Draper (Onyx I believe) with the benefit of felt around the edge rather then hard plastic.

Both are worse then the entry level Stewart.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Stewart screens set the standard that other screens are measured by.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

I personally have not heard of DragonFly, but Stewart screens set the standard that other screens are measured by.

Our sponsor Carada, also makes very nice fixed screens, which I am interested in.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Carada I liked Robert and Azeke's idea of Carada best. Good quality, supports our forum, fantastic guy to deal with too. I don't think we need to get a Chinese built screen unless we are in China or thereabouts.
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Just remember a poorly made screen will make any projected image look bad.
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

The parent company is SnapAV.com. Everything they sell is made in China or various other inexpensive countries.

However, that doesn't relate to the overall quality of their products because SnapAV is/was a custom installation company that got tired of paying large prices for stuff just made overseas. So they decided to import pretty much the same items from the same factories for themselves. The minimum orders were so high they just started branding and selling items themselves.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

I deleted a ringer post, or as they say a schill, so let's please just let this thread go now, I don't know as to the quality of it, and frankly, with our sponsor being Carada, I just don't care. This snap av will need to hock their goods elsewhere.

the end.
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• amz1999
                        • Jul 2007

Lex,

As administrator it's your right to delete any post. I also fully understand your wanting to support your sponsors. As I have just discovered this web site I will be happy to consider your sponsors for future purchases. That being said everything I put in my post was genuine. I own the 106" screen I indicated along with a Mitsubishi 5000BL and think the value I received for the money was very good. I had a limited budget which priced me out of some options such as Stewart. I find the picture quality of my system to be excellent. Again my opinion which is what I thought these forums were for. I don't work for or have any interest in Snap AV other than I own one of their products. I also don't understand what was wrong with giving an honest answer (my opinion only as stated in my post) to the question posed by "BBSmoke".

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"