X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Sony lcos lamp issue?

Last night i was watching tv on my 5 year old sony rptv and the screen went dark but the sound remained. The light on the front pannel flashed and then about 30 seconds later, the screen lights up again for about another 30 seconds and then goes dark again.....and the cycle continues as such. Am i to assume i need a new bulb or is there something bigger going on here?.
    Dan Madden :T
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Could be the bulb is just about at the end of it's life. At 5 years old if you've never changed it you should be at about that time. Of course generally they have a timer that determines that so if it was tripped it wouldn't come back on I don't think, at least it didn't on the one I had.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Just an fyi....it was the lamp. Works perfectly now!!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Good to hear :T
        Jason

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

It's actually quite amazing how much better the picture is with a new lamp. Much sharper and more vivid!!!. I also put it on high altitude mode for better fanning and lamp ventilation.

Comment

• kpodolski
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by madmac
            It's actually quite amazing how much better the picture is with a new lamp. Much sharper and more vivid!!!. I also put it on high altitude mode for better fanning and lamp ventilation.
            Great that everything worked out!

Just be aware that there is an issue with all Sony rear projection sets. I had a problem with mine that Sony took car of by selling me a new TV dirt cheap. Here is the facebook link that set me on my path....

The second place winner is the first place loser.

An argument with reality is one you'll never win.

If you are offended, you are complicit in the outrage.

It's better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser." Gen. Patton

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

Well, so far so good!. It's been a awhile now and the TV works great!. Be advised everyone that even though the TV has an indicator on the front called "Lamp" that this will not necessarily work when the lamp needs changing. Weird things like the lamp turning on and off randomly might occur instead.

What impressed me was how much cheaper the replacement lamps have gotten!. They used to be 300 bucks and I got mine on line with the housing and everything for 90 bucks. That to me seems more reasonable!!.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"