X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

Pioneer 42" Plasma for my Bedroom

Hi there. Im rebuilding my bedroom so i have to decide about TV. The room is 4,40m x 2,70 m.

Im putting bed which taking 2,20 m x 2,05 m. Between the wall and the bed there is small space left just 50 cm. Im planing to put tv set on that wall, so i want to ask, on which height to put tv set?

Is it ok if i put it from 185 cm up to the celling on mount with tilt down?

In that case i can use my old Pioneer Plasma 42" and to get new Panasonic 55" for my living room.

If that's too high height, i'll have to buy Samsung Led ultra thin and to put it on the wall lower..

What do u suggest?

Greetings

Darko

p.s. Bed madrace end on 53 cm from the ground, and my head is about 2,60 cm from the wall where i'll hang the tv
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If you'll normally be watching from bed, I would lie in bed, get comfortable and see where your eyes naturally fall where you're thinking of mounting it. If it's too high or too low, re-consider your options.
    Jason

Comment

• specialized
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by aud19
      If you'll normally be watching from bed, I would lie in bed, get comfortable and see where your eyes naturally fall where you're thinking of mounting it. If it's too high or too low, re-consider your options.

The problem is the bed is not there, (i reconstruct the room, like floor, walls..). So i have to presume (i'll try to simulate with chairs, but still i would like to know u'r opinion).

Thanks

Darko

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I would probably aim for 1.5-2m for a bed so 1.85 should be in that ball park.

do you not have a bed in another room you could try it in?
        Jason

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

The biggest thing with TV height and watching from bed is the angle you'll be laying... if you're watching the TV over your feet so to speak, the TV will need to be much higher than if you watch it just while laying on your side.
          -Chuck

Comment

• Industrial
            • Mar 2009

I would love me a plasma tv footboard.

Comment

• specialized
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by impala454
              The biggest thing with TV height and watching from bed is the angle you'll be laying... if you're watching the TV over your feet so to speak, the TV will need to be much higher than if you watch it just while laying on your side.

I put the madrace on the floor and tried to watch the movie.. In this position seem that tv is too high (madrace is 20 cm, so this position is 30 cm lower then when i'll get the bed). Also im start to thinking that 42" is too big for the bedroom, and thinking to get LCD Led 37" and to put it lower (Plasma now is mounted on 185 cm from the floor, just for testing). Seem that real position would be about 40-60 cm lower then this.

Greetings

Darko

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"