X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razzbo56
    • Jan 2006

Mits. PD-4265 plasma

Anyone here have this mit.plasma ? If so how do you like it ? I am thinking of buying one for the master bedroom,the picture at Home Theater Store on Satillite (directv) looks great.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well it passes the test mentioned in this thread so that's a good sign :T

Otherwise I haven't seen that one in particular so hopefully someone else can comment.
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Compared to the 5050 or 5065, the Mitsu 42" is pretty bad. We haven't sold one in a while. It reminded us of the 1st and 2nd generation plasmas that had a real bad green tint to the screen, even when off.

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Generally for plasmas I recommend the Panasonic pro-models if you're on a budget and the Pioneer Elite plasmas if you've got more $$ and desire higher performance.

Otherwise if money's a major consideration (like it is for most people) there are plenty of RPTV options that offer great performance/dollar and generally larger screen sizes as well.
        Jason

Comment

• razzbo56
          • Jan 2006

I went to see the new 42" 60u series panasonic plasma,and was not really impressed. I guess I need to take a closer look at the 43" pioneer . Any suggestions on a 42" ??

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

That would be one of their "consumer" models. Don't even bother with them. Try to find a custom installer with a properly set up "pro" model (the "8uk" models), I think you'll be impressed

But again, as i said you can get an RPTV with bigger screen size, higher resolution etc for less money if it doesn't need to "hang on a wall".
            Jason

Comment

• razzbo56
              • Jan 2006

Well I decided to go 50".What is the best plasma ,I do really like the Fujitshu ! :T
              I also really like the Sony KDS-R50XBR1.Big difference in prices.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Pioneer, Fujitsu...
                Jason

Comment

• IntegrateMe
                  • May 2004

Check out the NEC 42XR4

Comment

• peterS
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by razzbo56
                    I went to see the new 42" 60u series panasonic plasma,and was not really impressed. I guess I need to take a closer look at the 43" pioneer . Any suggestions on a 42" ??
                    make sure the contrast is turned down on the panasonic... looks as good as any in its price range

pioneer is much nicer imo but id personaly spend 1K more and get the 50"

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"