X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuofsci02
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Just bought 60" Plasma

I finished my basement in the fall and have been waiting to get a new TV for the room. I already moved most of my audio stuff down.

Well I have always been a Panasonic guy and would have loved to have picked up one of their sets. I am still very happy with my older Panasonic 42" EDTV Plasma.

Well in Canada the cheapest 58" Panasonic was ~$2200.. I had also been looking at the LG 60" PK750 $1699 but they are now sold out permanently. But the LG 60" PK550 is still available and for $1296.. This is very similar to the 750 with a less pretty bezel, less network features, and 1 less HDMI port and no THX certification. I am not really worried about the THX.. As far as I know the display is the same on both models..

Ultimately it is not the TV that I wanted, but I could not pass up on that price... I figure in a year or two I can move it upstairs to retire the EDTV and get whats new and hip then.

Who would have ever thought that a 60" plasma 1080p would be basically disposable...

Does anyone have one of these, or can comment on it?
    Last edited by stuofsci02; 14 February 2011, 12:15 Monday.
    Main System:
    B&W 801D
    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
    Oppo BDP-105
    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
    B&W CM7
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva UPA-2
    Oppo BDP-83SE
    Grant Fidelity DAC-09
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I believe it's one of their top "value" picks :T

It's by no means "perfect" but it's a very good display and for the money and size it's hard to beat
    Jason

Comment

• stuofsci02
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Thanks for the link..

That was my exact feel on it. It is not a perfect display and will not be the top of the line picture, but for the price I can't justify not getting it.
      Main System:
      B&W 801D
      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
      Oppo BDP-105
      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
      B&W CM7
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Emotiva UPA-2
      Oppo BDP-83SE
      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• trukindave
        • Jan 2005

Yeah Panasonic was good but now they are struggling to create and what they create isnt what they advertise..

I went to best Buy 2 months ago and there was a open box buy they had on a Insignia 32" HD with built in blue ray player Retail price was $529.00 I paid $179.00 No stand or remote.. They lost both somewhere in the store.. So they gave me a cheapie wall mount and a universal remote.. So far I have no complaints on the TV - It was manafactured on 11-10-10

So far I have it mounted on my PC desk and using it for a monitor and TV.. Never thought I would be using a 32" for a monitor but its great because I can watch netflix on it without fail
        Trukindave

Always on the road and whitesmokin the BigTruk

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"