X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

Any comments on Panasonic Plasma

I have narrowed my search for a 42 Plasma to Panasonic. Does anyone have any experience with any of the new HDTV Plasmas by Panasonic.
    Any input regarding decision making would be helpful.
    Mitchell
    Mitchell
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Commercial: If you go this route the new ones are improved alot. My friend is buying a 50". Everything I've read on them say they are the best in terms of blacks but sacrifice some brightness and aren't as good as the Fujitsus which are the cadillacs of Plasma.

If you go with a non commercial Panny, then wait for the new model coming. You do lose some features as they are dropping some but they are also upping the contrast and a few other things. Best Buy was blowing out last years' model for $2200. I'm not sure whether this is the ED Or HD model but it doesn't matter as I doubt you could tell the difference between the 2. On a 50" set, the difference is more pronounced.

In a week or so, I'll have more personal experience with one. Alot of this is what I've seen/read and have researched on.

Comment

• Mitchell
      • Sep 2004

When do the new Panasonics come out?
      Mitchell

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

In the next few months.

My friend got his 50" 7uy up and running. WOW what a picture. I took a snapshot of it but the camera I was using sucks. Needless to say you won't be disapointed.

Also fwiw, Fujitsu came down in price yet again. You can get a 42" For just under $3k list now.

Comment

• Mitchell
          • Sep 2004

I cannot find the commercial panasonics on the website. Anyone know where they are?
          Are the commercial ones being upgraded in the near future as well?
          Mitchell
          Mitchell

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

The commercial ones are already upgraded.

My friend bought his from http://www.visualapex.com

Comment

• Mitchell
              • Sep 2004

Thanks Shane!
              Mitchell

Comment

• Snap
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2005

The new Panny is shipping in late May and through out the summer depending on the model. The new plasma from Panny is going to be "Gutted" The rep said that it was basically going to be a "Monitor" no bells whistles..nothing. You would have to have a sat box, or cable box to use the new panny plasma for TV. They are how ever a LOT cheeper than this years model's and supposed to be better. I have NOT seen one as of yet.

Hope that helps. :T
                The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Mitchell
                  • Sep 2004

Thanks Snap,
                  If the new Panny is gutted, what will be the difference between it and the commercial units?
                  Will they have speakers and an amp built in?
                  The consensus among all the HT people I talk to is that the Pannys are the best value out there between picture, electronics and price.
                  I just cant see buying a Panny now with the new ones due out in 6-8 weeks.
                  Mitchell

Comment

• Snap
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2005

To be honest I do not know. There (Panny) website does not even say anything about it. I only found out about it when I called my distributor to ask about it when I got the new price list from them. And he could only tell me what I passed on to you. The whole set up of the new panny has changed from the picture on the price list. But even the picture was just a black and white drawing. But It does look like it has speakers. But instead of being on the sides, they are on the bottom.

HDTV sets: 16:9 aspect ratio •DTV compatible •160 degree viewing angle
                    •3000:1 contrast ratio •HDMI-HDCP interface •1 S-video input •1 set of component
                    video in •1 VGA input •OSD •Non-detachable speakers •Remote control
                    •Includes pedestal mount

The above bold was all that is mentioned on the price sheet from the distributor. From the look of the picture the set is IMHO going to look a lot nicer. More Streem lined. Kind of the Samsung look. If I come up with some more intel I will get it to you. But that is all I know at the time. Oh JUNE is when you can get them. Probably May for the BIG Stores. They always gets tuff a little early! :T
                    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Mitchell
                      • Sep 2004

Thanks Snap,
                      This is a perfect example of this forum making a real diffrence.
                      Clearly its worth waiting to at least see the new lineup from Panasonic.
                      The dealers confirm (hesitently) your info about release dates. They would prefer I buy right now.
                      Mitchell

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"