X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keytrnr
    • Jan 2008

Buying LCD through Amazon

I'm looking at the Sharp Aquos LC65D64U 65-Inch 1080p LCD on Amazon.com. It's sold and shipped through retailers, not Amazon. I'm curious why it would be so much cheaper than MSRP? Seems strange and maybe one of those "if it seems to good to be true, then....." stories. Anyone have experience with tv's sold on amazon through retailers?
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by keytrnr
    I'm looking at the Sharp Aquos LC65D64U 65-Inch 1080p LCD on Amazon.com. It's sold and shipped through retailers, not Amazon. I'm curious why it would be so much cheaper than MSRP? Seems strange and maybe one of those "if it seems to good to be true, then....." stories. Anyone have experience with tv's sold on amazon through retailers?
    Sometimes they sell ex-demo/used ones. It will say whether it's new or not. Check it out

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

be careful, don't get a false sense of security. If it wasn't through amazon directly, I'd be very careful, and probably look elsewhere unless the dealer had a lot of positive feedback.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

What company does it ship from? There are a lot of reputable companies that go through amazon as well, Vanns and such. I believe they have a rating system but this still requires caution if its not a well known distributor.

Comment

• keytrnr
          • Jan 2008

Now I'm looking more at the Sharp LC 65SE94U - 65" Aquos, sold by DataVision computer video, Electronic Express, Abt Electronics, all through Amazon. They all have a lot of positive feedback. Just seems "too good to be true." Gotta be a reason why they can offer it at such a discount. Saw it at one of BB's Magnolia stores. Pretty amazing picture. I'm leaning toward waiting for a good sale or some price drops at a local store.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well I know who ABT Electronics is and they are good :B

Comment

• keytrnr
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dougie085
              Well I know who ABT Electronics is and they are good :B

Ok thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of any of 'em.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"