Buying LCD through Amazon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • keytrnr
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 27

    #1

    Buying LCD through Amazon

    I'm looking at the Sharp Aquos LC65D64U 65-Inch 1080p LCD on Amazon.com. It's sold and shipped through retailers, not Amazon. I'm curious why it would be so much cheaper than MSRP? Seems strange and maybe one of those "if it seems to good to be true, then....." stories. Anyone have experience with tv's sold on amazon through retailers?
  • Allegiance
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 247

    #2
    Originally posted by keytrnr
    I'm looking at the Sharp Aquos LC65D64U 65-Inch 1080p LCD on Amazon.com. It's sold and shipped through retailers, not Amazon. I'm curious why it would be so much cheaper than MSRP? Seems strange and maybe one of those "if it seems to good to be true, then....." stories. Anyone have experience with tv's sold on amazon through retailers?
    Sometimes they sell ex-demo/used ones. It will say whether it's new or not. Check it out

    Comment

    • Lex
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Apr 2001
      • 27460

      #3
      be careful, don't get a false sense of security. If it wasn't through amazon directly, I'd be very careful, and probably look elsewhere unless the dealer had a lot of positive feedback.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

      Comment

      • Hdale85
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 16133

        #4
        What company does it ship from? There are a lot of reputable companies that go through amazon as well, Vanns and such. I believe they have a rating system but this still requires caution if its not a well known distributor.

        Comment

        • keytrnr
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 27

          #5
          Now I'm looking more at the Sharp LC 65SE94U - 65" Aquos, sold by DataVision computer video, Electronic Express, Abt Electronics, all through Amazon. They all have a lot of positive feedback. Just seems "too good to be true." Gotta be a reason why they can offer it at such a discount. Saw it at one of BB's Magnolia stores. Pretty amazing picture. I'm leaning toward waiting for a good sale or some price drops at a local store.

          Comment

          • Hdale85
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 16133

            #6
            Well I know who ABT Electronics is and they are good :B

            Comment

            • keytrnr
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 27

              #7
              Originally posted by Dougie085
              Well I know who ABT Electronics is and they are good :B

              Ok thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of any of 'em.

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              • Lexman
                Amazon.com's newest Associate HTGuide.com
                by Lexman
                As you have probably already noticed, we have become an Amazon.com associate. What does this mean? Well, simply, we need to create a revenue stream for HTGuide.com. Truthfully, it's the only way we can survive the .com demise over the long haul as we grow, and it also means we can do more in terms of...
                01 September 2000, 15:16 Friday
              • Hdale85
                Amazon documentary - Le mans
                by Hdale85
                Just got done watching this documentary on Amazon Prime, it's an Amazon original and have to say it was quite good. It follows 6 or so different teams through the 2015 Le mans series all the way up to the end. Thought some of you motor sports fans might be interested in taking a peek.
                ...
                18 June 2017, 04:26 Sunday
              • Chris D
                Ways to use the LCD monitor on your C1
                by Chris D
                This came up in another thread, and I thought it would be useful to hear how people use their screen. The LCD does have its "wow" appeal, but it actually can come in very handy. If I am listening to a DVD-A or SACD, I don't have to turn on my main monitor just to flip through menus--some people...
                15 October 2003, 02:04 Wednesday
              • audiofan1
                Purchasing B&W through Audiogon, any advice?
                by audiofan1
                Good Evening,
                I have been a fan of B&W for a while and am getting to a point where I can actually purchase them...yaaay! I will most likely be unable to purchase the higher end of the new Diamond series - at least the ones at $15k a pair or greater. I am thinking..hmm, perhaps Audiogon...
                19 March 2010, 22:29 Friday
              • SayersWeb
                Panasonic PT-L300u LCD Projector - Information
                by SayersWeb
                The L300 is a brand new 16:9 LCD budget front projector. Price comes in under $2,000 and often includes a free Panny DVD player.

                What makes this projector special?

                To overcome the "Screen Door" effect (where pixels are spaced far apart and have black lines in...
                28 January 2003, 23:58 Tuesday
              • Loading...
              • No more items.
              Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"