X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Panasonic TH-50PZ800A Plasma

Anyone seen one of these running or has any opinions to offer on this?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Friend of mine just bought the PZ80 and I helped him set it up.... It looked pretty damn gorgeous IMO. Good blacks and only slightly less shadow detail than my CRT RPTV and was better in just about every other measure. The 800 is a step up even from that so I's imagine it would look ok
    Jason

Comment

• alebonau
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

there is an 850 range coming as well. wonder if these new gen panas a step up on the pio kuros ?

the next gen panels the pio pana colaboration brings as well.
      "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

I am also eyeing one of these plasma's to replace my current CRT RPTV.

Comment

• DL86
          • Sep 2005

Had a read, appears the 850 range has an improved sound system inside the plasma and thats about it. The 800 and 850 will use the same full HD panel.

Comment

• DL86
            • Sep 2005

Had a read, appears the 850 range has an improved sound system inside the plasma and thats about it. The 800 and 850 will use the same full HD panel.

Comment

• gostan
              • May 2003

Originally posted by DL86

http://www.current.com.au/news/article/FHASMCEXDN
              Actually, that is not completely true. The 850 has a Reference Mode and is much more tweakable ISF-wise than the 800 range. That is why I opted for the 850. It is simply breathtaking!
              Stan

Comment

• DL86
                • Sep 2005

It is also made in japan I think the 850 series. Had a look at the 50" and the older 58" versions. Will be getting the new 58" as soon as they plan to release them in Australia. 50" aint gonna cut it for me.

Comment

• gostan
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by DL86
                  It is also made in japan I think the 850 series. Had a look at the 50" and the older 58" versions. Will be getting the new 58" as soon as they plan to release them in Australia. 50" aint gonna cut it for me.
                  Just remember that it has been reported on AVS that the 58"er does not have the full one piece of glass like the 50" 850. I really wanted to get the 58 inch monitor, but decided that my 9" +/- seats would be too close for regular TV viewing.
                  Stan

Comment

• sikoniko
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2003

I have been doing research on these for my father-in-law. I highly recommend the 800. CNet rated is higher than the 85 and said it is the next best thing to a Kuro.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.
                    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• gostan
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by sikoniko
                      I have been doing research on these for my father-in-law. I highly recommend the 800. CNet rated is higher than the 85 and said it is the next best thing to a Kuro.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...&tag=mncol;lst
                      Dan, you can almost purchase two of these for the price of one Kuro. When you get it home you will never notice the difference. I haven't. My 850 only cost me $123 more than the 800. I am not sure I can agree completely with the CNET analysis of the 800 v. the 850 if you are going to either tweek the settings yourself or have it professionally ISF'd.
                      Stan

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"