X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

Optoma HD 81 Blanking out.

Help please.
    I am running an Optoma HD 81 using an Impact Acoustics Rapid run HDMI cable, It has an active wall plate for the signal.
    Initially I was getting streaks running across the picture and the picture would blank out now and again. During the loss of picture I would see a blue screen, then the picture would return.
    Optoma came abd changed a pc board in the PJ and the streaks are much less though still occur now and again.
    BUT the blanking out is still occuring.
    Any thoughts ideas? I have just sent a message to Optoma today, but the wealth of knowledge avalable here may be a better source.
    I am not running it off an HD/BLU Ray player yet.
    Help Pls.
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

OOOOOOOptomaa! Bad choice and luck I guess. Had one of their PJs once. Broke every 3-6 months, got repaired sent back etc etc.. refused to replace. After the 6 or 7 malfunction finally got replaced with a refurb. And that one died within 5 months.. their awesome cust service told me nicely to p*** off... 'cause the warranty just expired

Comment

• georgev
      • Jul 2004

Oh dear, that is awful. I hope that is not what I am going to experience.
      They are coming to fetch the PJ and the scaler and put it on their test bench.
      Could this be from the HDMI cable? I am running it via an impact acoustics hdmi cable with an active wall plate.

Comment

• georgev
        • Jul 2004

Well they came and fetched the PJ and the sacler, changed some pc boards in both units(said there was a problem with communication), and have watched four movies so far without any hitches. Hope it stays that way.
        Haven't run it in its full HD capacity yet though.

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

Hopefully it's fixed now.

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

lucky you!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"