X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

picture turning yellowish

When watching a DVD, suddenly my Optoma EzPro 753 projects the yellow color way too exagerated. Basically the screen becomes unwatchable. The same effect is true when a scene has been shot with the sun light shining in the background, one can hardly see what's going on in the scene and the picture has a tendency too exagerate the white color and throws in some more yellow.

Initially I thought it's the light bulb, but I had a new thrown in a year ago, after my projector broke the 6th time in 3 years, and I managed to convince the guys at Optoma to exchange it.

I called them up just now, and they are suggesting that my S-Video cable (or one of them) should be exchanged. They don't think it's the projector.

what do you guys think?
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Well, it would be pretty quick to try a cable switch and see, even with something real cheap, and see.

Color processing in your projector is with an RGB color wheel. It ould be prety odd for that to happen through some mechanical issue. It is much more reminiscent of a cable issue.

BB

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yes, it does sound like a cable issue. Could be a broken pin on the s-video cable. Had a similar problem onetime. Does that model handle component ? It would be a better way to go over S-video.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

First I'd just push on all the cable ends especially if you're using RGB/S-VID just to make sure it's not just loose. The suggestions from the previous posters would come into play now here.

You could also run a single composite (Yellow) line from the player to the PJ just to see if it's the PJ that's acting-up.

Question...........Do you have any other source going to the PJ if so, are you having to same probs?

Hope this helps :T
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I agree, VERY possible it could be a cable problem. I've had similar things happen before, such as a loose wire in a S-video cable that would periodically cause all color to drop out, giving a black and white picture.

Could also be the source, too, or your video switching equipment.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

Had no time yesterday to play with it. Got lot of other cables at home, so shouldn't be a problem. Will let you know. PJ has no component outputs. Got other sources hooked up, but everything is wired through the receiver anyway. Will exchange the cables one by one...

Comment

• Clive
              Former Moderator
              • Jan 2002

Hope you'll try a direct cable to the PJ to check!!
              CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• sirbogey
                • Mar 2006

Yesterday, I finally received a 10m long cable I bought from ebay. I was about to test the system around 10pm and then guess what? I never got the chance, 'cause around 9pm, while watching the news, the projector just died! no explosion, but it turned itself off with some minor noise. When I touched it, it seemed to be quite hot though. This is the 7th time since fall 2002 that the projector died on me. And they replaced it exactly a year ago. The 3y warranty is over... hmmmm. I won't recommen Optomas no more... :M :M :M :M :M :M :M

Comment

• draganm
                  • Jul 2005

it's not just Optoma, sony, BenQ, and a host of others have all at one time or another produced junk that turned into a major nightmare for the purchaser. As one of a few die-hard CRT guys on this board I am going to suggest you look into a machine without bulbs.

Comment

• sirbogey
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by draganm
                    it's not just Optoma, sony, BenQ, and a host of others have all at one time or another produced junk that turned into a major nightmare for the purchaser. As one of a few die-hard CRT guys on this board I am going to suggest you look into a machine without bulbs.
                    http://www.vdcdisplaysystems.com/marquee8500.html
                    After my experiences over the last couple of years, I must say I'm more than willing to try out something more stable. What's the price tag on these? and what about the noise level? My Optoma was 33db, which was ok, less would be optimal. I think I'll start a new thread... :B

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"