X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimmyJam
    • Feb 2008

Extended TV Warranties

I just bought the Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD.I want to get a warranty for it.I found a place with awesome prices on the internet.

Has anyone bought a warranty online before? Or even tried searching for a warranty on the web?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Nice panel :T Careful of online places with "awesome prices" though. I'd confirm with Pioneer that they're an authorized dealer (likely not). If not any warranty, manufacturer or otherwise, may not be worth much....
    Jason

Comment

• littlesaint
      • Jul 2007

I have an extended warranty through Consumer Priority Service. I bought it with my display, but I believe if you call them they can tell you how to order one third-party. It's not cheap (~$500 for $5000 coverage for +4 years), but displays these days seem to be an all or nothing repair when something goes.

Leading provider of extended warranty services for Smartphones, TVs, Tablets, Drones, Laptops & Appliances. Accidents happen, protect your gear.
      Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• JimmyJam
        • Feb 2008

Update

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually did find a place online that had great pricing so I called them up.I asked some questions and the representative was very helpful.The warranty has in-home service,and offers a repair or replace guarantee without a deductable.It was at a place called (Deleted Deleted Deleted),has anyone ever heard of them?

They sure seemed pretty legit after talking with them on the phone,and what they offer was great!

Comment

• whoaru99
          • Jul 2004

I don't buy 'em.

I pay by credit card and that doubles the manufacturer's warranty in many cases. I figure if it doesn't break in a couple years, it'll probably last several more at least.

BTW, nice TV.
          There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Note I changed name from JimmyJam's suggestion to deleted deleted deleted. I am not convinced as to the authenticity of this post. To convenient. To set yourself up, answer your own question, and then post a general "hiya" in the welcome thread.
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• rhayes13
              • Mar 2008

I've been thinking about getting an extended warranty. I've had bad luck with a few items in the past and am now a little on the cautious side, but the in store extended warranties seem so expensive.

Comment

• imbeaujp
                • Nov 2007

My oppinion : NEVER buy extended warranty. They are too expensive. The credit card is a good option to double the warranty at no cost.

With all the money I save, I can replace or repair any electronics I have !
                Jean-Pierre Imbeau

ROTEL: RSP-1098|RT-1080|RCD-1072|RDV-1060|RLC-1040|RB-1080x2|RMB-1075
                PIONEER: ELITE PRO-940HD|BDP-HD1|inno
                YAMAHA: NS-1000|NS-1000M|CA-1010|CT-1000|TC-1000|YP-1000
                PEARLESS: XXLS-12x4|BEHRINGER DSP-1124

Comment

• rhayes13
                  • Mar 2008

Wow, didn't even know about the credit card thing. Does anyone know why they do that? Is it only if you get a store credit card?

Comment

• littlesaint
                    • Jul 2007

I never buy an extended warranty, with one exception: the display. If I'm investing $1000s of dollars in something I want to make sure it will last more than a year or 2. A 4 year extended warranty is usually less than $500. Certainly a lot cheaper than replacing a $3000 display, and for me, good piece of mind.
                    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"