X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdwy808
    • Sep 2007

Painting a screen on my wall

I just purchased my new projector, Acer PH530 (2500:1, 1000Lum). It should be here early next week. I am building an 8x8 wall in my unfinished basement. I plan on painting the bottom part and about 1 foot of the top flat black, and the rest will be the screen. I need to paint the screen portion, but am not sure what color or sheen to use. I don't want to invest in any Screen Goo or anything of the sort. Some forums mention high gloss, some say flat. Some say neutral gray, some say white. Some mention topcoating with polyurethane. I'm so confused. I need advice badly!!!! I hear alot of people using Behr Silverscreen, but I also hear that it doesn't do very good on reds. Can any of you guide me through this???????????
  • GlidingDutchman
    • Sep 2007

Gloss aint gonna work - you need a paint that is rather matt as to prevent "glare".

Neutral grey/white works well. How about fitting a white "formica" board to the wall - do you have Formica in the States?

GD
    :::: The Gliding Dutchman ::::

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"