X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Samsung F86 LCD

I reckon I'll add a little more about my new Samsung F86 (T4665F in NA).

I recently purchaced a new(ish) 40" 1080p Samsung. When I purchaced I informed the salesman that I wanted a set that was 24p compatible. Anyhow, I was told the Samsung was. Later I found the set needed a firmware update to support 24p. So, back to the vendor. They said they'd replace the set and they did - for the 46" version! FOC!

Anyhow, that's how I ended up with the 46" set. It's a great TV too. Three HDMI 1.3 inputs, 1080p and I can see a difference with 24p on Blu-Ray.
    After tweaking HDTV on 1080i is superb and SD is pretty good to. Smooth and little or no noise. Unusually, there is only one channel out of hundreds where lipsynch is an issue. Don't understand that one. DVD upscaling is great too. I tried LOTR and Finding Nemo to evaluate and While there is a real difference with Blu-Ray, I'm not unhappy watching regular DVDs either.

So, for the price It's a great set. Even if I had paid full whack!
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I also sprung for a Samsung F86 LCD, and I'm really very, very impressed with it. What I'm not so happy about is how it says it supports 24p in the spec's, but in fact doesn't without a firmware upgrade/board swap which can only be done by a Samsung service center. Of course I figured this all out after the return period... but Samsung should at least upgrade it for free within their 2 year guarantee period.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I've been looking at these units as well in my search for a new tv.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"