X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newfiestang50
    • Mar 2006

Best combination of settings???

Hello Forum, I just purchased a new Sony SXRD 50", my question is, what is the best combination of settings between my DVD player, Rceiver, (Yamaha RXV-2600) and TV that will give me the the best results. Right now I have my Yamaha DVD player set to progressive, receiver set to upscale to 720P. Is this ok or should I change the DVD player to interlaced and upscale the receiver to 1080i. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I would think 1080i would work better as the SXRD is a 1920x1080 set.
    Jason

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

Jason is right. Set the receiver to scale to 1080i first. Then I would guess that using 480i from the DVD player may be better, but it may not be. Try both and use whichever one looks best. It shouldnt make a huge difference because the 480p (native on the disc) will either be de-interlaced in the player (if you set it to output 480i), or in the receiver (if you output at 480p) as it scales it to 1080i. ANd they likely use the same or similar de-interlacers, so the difference should be minimal.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"