X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tazmoj
    • Dec 2005

HDMI 1.3 worth the wait?

I am in need of a new TV 60+ inches. Looking at the SXRD. I'm not sure what to do as I'm reading that the new 1.3 will allow additional color and picture. I guess Toshiba's new HD player offers it.

Any ideas on when we'll see more units with this?? Do you think it is worth the wait??

Thanks!
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

For video not really. Yes there's the supposed slightly better specs but IMO it won't be night and day. For audio I would wait. If you need a TV right now which version of HDMI it has wouldn't be a huge factor IMO
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by tazmoj
      I am in need of a new TV 60+ inches. Looking at the SXRD. I'm not sure what to do as I'm reading that the new 1.3 will allow additional color and picture. I guess Toshiba's new HD player offers it.

Any ideas on when we'll see more units with this?? Do you think it is worth the wait??

Thanks!
      We'll see HDMI 1.3 in 6 months or so but we won't see product taking advantage of the color depths and Hi Rez DSP audio for a year (or more)

But that won't stop the mfgr's from driving (like cattle) consumers to the buzz word and feeling "sure they need it" even though it's hype for the next 12 months...

Comment

• tazmoj
        • Dec 2005

Agreed, I was ready to join the herd! A big buying factor would be if I knew I could retrofit a 1.3 application in an existing 1.1/1.2. Loving this stuff stinks because they often don't make technologies upgradable.

Thanks! :roll:

Comment

• Owen Bartley
          • Sep 2005

Ah, crap. I've just started doing some research and HDMI 1.3 was one of the first things I came across that I really wanted to pay attention to. I guess I'm glad I kept reading. I'm probably looking to buy in the next 6 months, and all I'm pretty sure of is that I want to go with a 1080p either LCD or DLP projection. I think.
          - OJ -

My HT and DIY Tempest page
          My DVDs

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"