X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

What does everyone else use for a TV?

I sold my 53" Pioneer Elite rear projection. It was bulky in the room. We are currently looking for a 50". I have looked at the Panasonic 50' and the price was about 3100.00. I reallty like the Pioneer 5070hd. I was quoted 3400.00 on this set. We are somewhat confused by the other brands. There is so much out there for different price levels.

I have been looking at different reviews and it seems to keep coming back to the top four:

Panasonic
    Pioneer
    Sony
    LG

What are your thoughts on these brands? I understand everyone has there own opinion. I just want a great TV at a great price of course. The Elite is out of my range. I really want to keep the costs down. The Pioneer is a far stretch. Is there any TV in the $1800.00 range that will compete?

Thanks Dan
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

My parents bought a Samsung 50" plasma, they looked at Pannys and Hitachi as well and felt the Samsung offered the best picture.

I have a Mits 55" RPTV and a Sanyo Z4 FPTV, I haven't stepped into the plasma ring yet.
    Danish

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I have a Hitachi 51" CRT RPTV and don't plan to switch any time soon (even if I could afford it)

For plasma I'd likely get a Pioneer Elite if budget allows or a Panasonic "pro" model if not.

LCD I'd look at Sharp and Sony Panlels.

Sony's SXRD RPTV is about the only display I'd even consider buying to replace my CRT right now but it sounds like you want to move to flat panels.... I'll be VERY interested to see how Samsung's LED lit DLP units stand up over the next year or so as well.
      Jason

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

Im about to get a Mits Diamond 57" DLP.....great accomodation ends Nov. 30. Im gonna jump on it. I think once I ISF it, it will make a nice set for now. It will hold me over until I have a dedicated theater with a proper space for Runco/Stewart StarGlass RP setup.

Comment

• Boone38
          • Dec 2004

I went and looked at the LG and Visio and was impressed as well. The cost of these is much lower then the Pioneer and Sony. The Panny was awsome as well. My dealer told me he would match anyone's price ( be it reasonable).

Has anyone bought over the net and got great service? I have looked at allot of threads and see shipping issues or back orders or other concerns.

There is a few dealers that are on AVS and they are Satilite and Sound and the other was Invision that I have heard good things about.

What others have you used and would you use again?

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I pretty much only buy through B&M stores for just those reasons so I'm afraid I'm not much help there....
            Jason

Comment

• tf1216
              • Apr 2006

What do you guys think about Toshiba and RCA RPTVs?

How about the Toshiba 56hm195, specifically?

Comment

• tf1216
                • Apr 2006

A friend told me that before his ISF calibrator left his house, he told my friend that the new Samsung dlp rptvs were the only units where he was capable of getting a perfect calibration. The SXRD was a close second.

With this said, what company makes the best crt to compete with the Samsung dlp and the Sony SXRD?

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Hitachi and Mistubishi are generally recognized as the top CRT RPTV companies....though I've heard some people complaining of a slight degrade in Mitsubishi's QC over the last year or so.
                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"