X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spanky Ham
    • Jul 2006

Mits HC4900 is insanely cheap

The Mits is now the least expensive 1080p on the market. The specs are ok, but for sub $2k it is a good bargain. I don't know if I am violating rules, but it is $1800 from projectorusa.com. With the $500 rebate from Mits, the price comes out to $1300. Even if this price doesn't last, it will still be around $1700 to $1800. I wasn't expecting pricing this low on 1080p until next year.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Price comes up as 2495 for me...

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Ah I found another website 1995 http://projectorplace.com/projectors...subishi+HC4900

Edit: Nevermind you have to add to cart...so yeah 1828 minus 500 dollar MIR. Thats an amazing deal... I was considering a plasma...but at this price? Hard to pass it up.

Comment

• Dean McManis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • May 2003

I see $1500 after the $500 mail in rebate, but that's still an astounding price for a 1080p projector!! :T

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

At projectorusa.com it doesn't show the sale price until you add it to cart because they are an authorized dealer they can only show the MFG's lowest retail price. When you add it to cart it comes out as 1828 and then after that the 500 dollar mail in rebate. Whats nice is that in my situation I use a screen thats about 85" so I can run it in eco mode easily which gives you a 5000 hour bulb life. It's a very nice projector for the price for sure. Few reviews I've read said it's sharper and has better colors then the JVC RS-1.

Comment

• Dean McManis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • May 2003

It sounds like an awesome deal! It's too bad (for me) that I just bought a new 720p projector.
            But on the otherhand it is still very encouraging that in a year or two I'll probably be able to buy it's replacement, that will likely top today's amazing JVC RS-2 for under $2K.

Thanks for sharing the purchasing info for this deal.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah, this is definitely the least expensive 1080p PJ on the market today, and does a decent job. I decided to step it up to a Panasonic PT-AE2000 today, but that's double the price!
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Decent is the wrong word It does a great job. Just not the best blacks but ultra sharp picture and very accurate colors. Supposed to be the sharpest of all the 1080p projectors. Just have to decide which you'd rather have better blacks or sharper image. And the others have a very sharp image as well just not as sharp..just like the black levels on the mitsu is still very good just not as good as the others.

Comment

• Spanky Ham
                  • Jul 2006

Unfortunately, I have yet to see any great reviews or measurements. Until I see some numbers, it is hard to say how good the performance is. To me, this is a great intro pj for someone looking to get into front projection. In two years, one could get RS2 performance with an actual good color for the same price.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

2 Years is a ways away. And I guess you don't trust Projector Central and what not? Can't remember the name of the other site now..but gave it good reviews for when it was priced 4500 bucks. Now its a lot less then that.

Comment

• Jeguzik
                      • Mar 2003

I just bought one from theprojectorplace.com, they are running a special for $1895 shipped. That plus the rebate puts it at $1395, I know projectorusa is not running their special any more. I have seen the outgoing HC5000 and I must say I was really really impressed, the clarity and colors are fantastic. I saw no real failings in the black levels. So I have to assume the 4900 will be just about as good, at that price I don;t know that it can be beat right now. I am glad I found this or I would have a 720p in my living room...

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

All right, new projector! :banana:
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

I think you'll find it is a very good projector. Congrats on the purchase Jeguzik.
                          My Homepage!

Comment

• Jeff Aguilar
                            • Jun 2001

I just bought one from Projector People for 1899 before the 500 rebate. Can't wait to hook it up when the new home is finished!

Jeff

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

Jeff! Long time, no see! And you bought a new house? You simply must check in and tell us all how you're doing.
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Jeff Aguilar
                                • Jun 2001

Hey Chris, how's Alaska?

We are having a new home built. It should be done by the end of January. It has a daylight basement!!! So we are putting in a new Home Theater. I have been taking pictures, I will put them up eventually. This 'theater' is going to be my project. I am looking into getting some old theater seats, like Erik did, and set them up in the theater. It will be very basic for a while, but it will look and sound great!

Jeff

Comment

• Dean McManis
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • May 2003

Jeff, I look forward to seeing the pics from when you set things up.
                                  I myself am just starting the process of building a new house, and the HT is in the plans. I've had the vintage theater seats (now in storage) for a while, but for now I can only dream of setting them up in the theater after it all gets built.

Comment

• Chris D
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Dec 2000

Yeah, I'm liking Alaska. We got a fantastic house through some circumstances, that I'm really happy with. That's cool for you, with the new house. And daylight basements are kind of out of the norm there in Washington. Are you staying in the same Spanaway/Puyallup area?

I agree, we need to see pictures!
                                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Azeke
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2003

That is a great deal, congratulations. Please keep us posted.

Chris, I am curious about the Panny PT-AE2000, as well, I am thinking of upgrading down the road from my Panny AE-900U. Let us know what you decide.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Chris D
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Dec 2000

Ah, I did end up buying an AE-2000, and I'm VERY happy! I should probably start a new thread with it.
                                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• sirbogey
                                          • Mar 2006

Azeke,
                                          I just A/B the Panny PT-AE2000 over the Xmas period and it's definitely worth an upgrade from the AE900 (which I own as well). The picture quality is indeed better. But the sheer size of the 2000 (almost 3 times as big as the 900) and then there's the price tag... plus I wouldnt' know what to do with the 900. I can't justify an upgrade at the moment.
                                          sirbogey

Comment

• IllNastyImpreza
                                            • Jan 2008

I've heard alot of reports of immage problems with dust ...

I was going to pull the trigger and pick one up... But I will just hang on with my BenQ W500 untill a good DLP 1080p come down to the same price...

Comment

• Azeke
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sirbogey
                                              Azeke,
                                              I just A/B the Panny PT-AE2000 over the Xmas period and it's definitely worth an upgrade from the AE900 (which I own as well). The picture quality is indeed better. But the sheer size of the 2000 (almost 3 times as big as the 900) and then there's the price tag... plus I wouldnt' know what to do with the 900. I can't justify an upgrade at the moment.
                                              sirbogey
                                              Thanks sirbogey for the update, I can't afford it right now either. Wow the footprint is 3 times as large, hmmm.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                                              Searching...Please wait.
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                              Search Result for "|||"