X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayhawk75
    • Apr 2006

Television choices

dealer is trying to talk me into pioneer pro 1130-hd. with all of the choices out there will i be happy. he also sells the mitsubishi line but i am not thrilled with the mass and weight. what i am concerned with is ease of use with a rotel 1067 and just watching plain television on cable. i tend to get frustrated setting up a system and then trying to make the ajustments from dvd to plain televsion the reason for mass and weight dislike is that this is a living room setting for a single person not a dedicated theater room. also with technology changes is it time to just wait and stand pat with what i have already.
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

The Pioneer Elite plasmas are some of the best. As far as working with your other gear, it will. And if you are annoyed at the vastly different picture quality between DVD and TV, simply use separate inputs on the display and adjust them accordingly.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Jayhawk75,

Pioneer definitely makes beautifully designed plasma sets, unless you can afford Fujitsu, Pioneer would be next logical choice.

Here's a review:

Pioneer PRO-1130HD

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• jayhawk75
        • Apr 2006

now youve made me curious where can i read up on fujitsu and how much more (double?)?

Comment

• Audiophiliac
          • Apr 2006

If you want a really nice one, get a Runco 61" w/DHD. droooooool.

Comment

• locomk
            • Dec 2005

I personally think the new pioneer elites are better than the new fujitsus. Fujitsu plasmas are great, but i'm not impressed with the black levels, i think previous models actually looked better. the avm2 processor was supposed to be far better than the original processor, but i see a lot more artifacting and dotcrawl now than i did on the previous models. the pro-1130 looks like a better picture and black levels look better but it may be because the frame is black versus silver on the fujitsu.

Comment

• Mukaudio
              • Oct 2005

Is Runco the pinnacle of plasma? I've admired some of their sets at my dealership. Wasn't horribly impressed by the plasmas at Best Buy, but the Pioneer Elites and Runcos at my dealership look great.
              Mark

Comment

• Audiophiliac
                • Apr 2006

I may be mistaken, but I think the Pioneer uses the NEC panels? So does Mitsu., Marantz, and I think even at least some of the Runcos use the same panels. It comes down to video processing. Runco has always been at the top of their game when it comes to this. The Elite also has a really good video board in it. We sell tons of Marantz displays and they have proven to be very reliable and look fabulous to boot. We have done a handful of the Elites and they are qually as impressive, if not moreso. We have also done several Fujitsus and have had bad luck with them. One had to be replaced 3 times. But like I said, probably bad luck. But for me, when it comes to video, I stand by Runco. They are at the cutting edge of video technology. Its all they do...and they do it as good or better than anyone in the industry. I think the reason a lot of people dont care for them is the price. They cant justify spending a bit more for a bit more. But to each his own. I personally dont build systems based on price. I do it based on results. They look classy too...with the black anodized brushed frame...which was done that way for a reason.

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

I have moved this thread over to the RPTV, Plasma, thread.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• jayhawk75
                    • Apr 2006

i guess i need to get back on track... dealer is pushing mitsu dlp's because of 1080p i love them but not thrilled with mass in a living room setting... pioneer technology is not currently 1080p. sources are not up to 1080p so is it time to bite the bullet and go with the pioneer and hope a year from now i am regretting decsion. also the big fear is ease of use not having to adjust and reset everytime i switch from dvd to cable tv. right now i am looking at upgrading audio at same time so the 30k runco is out. it saves alot of drooling

Comment

• Mukaudio
                      • Oct 2005

Jayhawk:

Pioneer just released a 50" Elite that is 1080p:

Pioneer Electronics car audio and home theater entertainment products including in-car GPS navigation, Android Auto Enabled Receivers, Apple Car Play enabled Receivers, Pioneer and Elite Receivers, headphones, iphone car stereo, car stereos, bluetooth car stero, car radio, speakers and Blu-ray/DVD Drives

On that same topic, Audiophiliac: I was wondering if you knew when Runco was going to launch a 1080p display.

Mark.
                      Mark

Comment

• Audiophiliac
                        • Apr 2006

Runco has a 1080P display. SC-1. $250,000 and boy is it a monster! I mean monster. I played with it on a 14' 2.35 screen and wow....all I could say is wow. Other than that, they are using 788p in their high end 3-chip DLPs for now.

Comment

• jayhawk75
                          • Apr 2006

was at dealer saturday asking availability of 1130- hd and he told me that they placed and order for 4 and there was to be a conference call on allotments monday and that he would probably only get 2. i was sitting there and reading a review on some rotel gear and in the same magazine it talked about the new 1080p pioneer. 10k for new model and no tuner, i told dealer to put my name on one of the 1130-hd.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"