X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kfr01
    • Jan 2006

Best Remote Control drop down 16:9 screen

Any suggestions. I want my screen out from the wall so I can fit some room treatments behind it.

Is this a horrible idea?

Thanks!
    Karl
    My Chain: PC Audio (EAC + FLAC) --> USB --> PS Audio Digital Link III USB DAC --> Exodus XLR's -->
    Parasound Halo P3 --> Exodus XLR's --> Parasound HCA3500 --> Custom Exodus Audio 2641 Speakers
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

Stewart.

Do you have a screen now? If you have a fixed screen and are happy with it, just space it off the wall. Or hang it from, the ceiling.

Comment

• kfr01
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for the reply. I do not have a screen now. I am building a new listening / HT room in the basement.

Edit: Is fixed screen hanging or spaced off the preferred way to go? I just want some absorbtion behind the screen to help cure some length-wise room modes.

Thanks!
      Karl
      My Chain: PC Audio (EAC + FLAC) --> USB --> PS Audio Digital Link III USB DAC --> Exodus XLR's -->
      Parasound Halo P3 --> Exodus XLR's --> Parasound HCA3500 --> Custom Exodus Audio 2641 Speakers

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

Fixed screen is less expensive by a good margin, and it would not be hard to space it off the wall enough to get some treatment behind it.

Its a personal preference. If I had a dedicated theater only room, I would do a fixed screen. But it sounds like you have a multi-purpose listening/HT room, and you may not want the screen there all the time. Then get a motorized.

I prefer Stewart screens. But you can find less expensive alternatives out there that still look good.

Comment

• kfr01
          • Jan 2006

Wow. Those Stewart are pricey.

Carada Projection Screens seem to be a decent value. Has anyone tried to push them off the wall?

Karl
          Karl

Comment

• Preacherman
            • Jan 2004

DA-LITE
            Has worked well for me.

The one I have.
            Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"