X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktaillon
    • Jun 2004

Price Point of the Infocus SP5000

Infocus is selling their Sp5000 for $999.00 after a $300.00 rebate. I've been waiting for the price of the Sanyo Z3 to come down a little more but now the SP5000 seems like a good deal. The only problem is the 1yr waranty for Infocus compared to a 3yr for the Sanyo.

Any thoughts - pro's or con's would be great
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

The SP5000 is a great projector, but based on the reviews, the Z3 seems to be the quieter one. Don't have any hands on experience with the Z3.

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

That's a really good price. I think the Infocus DLP models are selling alot better than the lcd one. That might be why the big price break. Anyways,I recently picked up the Sanyo Z3. I've never owned a FP, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I am still in awe by the picture quality. I picked it up for less than $1500. One thing I really like other than the pic. would be the fact that it has lens shift. It comes in really handy if you plan on using it in a basement with low ceilings. And the 3 year warranty makes me feel more at ease.

Comment

• brac
        • Aug 2005

I bought the 5000 and am more than pleased....
        The picture is great and the fan noise is really not an issue.... so I have found.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

it's true that some people are not bothered by the fan noise of their projector, but once you seen a FP setup, where the fan is dead quiet, you can never go back to hearing the fan noise during the quiet scene of the movie.

Comment

• Dean McManis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • May 2003

I really liked my SP5000 and it was quieter than my previous projector.
            $999 is simply an awesome price for any 1280 X 720 native projector.
            Personally I wouldn't worry about a 1 year warranty as most projector problems that I've seen show up right away (within the first week).

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

Hey Dean, I just finished my own DIY hushbox and pretty impressed with the results. I know the fan noise is not that bad, but after going through a whole entire movie where you can't hear the noise at all, the whole audio experience of the movie is much better. What you projecting with nowadays?

Comment

• Dean McManis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • May 2003

Yeah, I have a Whisperflow hushbox that I needed for my JVC G15 D-ILA projector.
                Luckily most newer projectors are actually quieter than my G15 was even with it's hushbox.

My regular HT projector is now a Studio Experience HD50 (720P DLP) unit.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"