X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • castlesteve
    • Dec 2005

What to do?

Okay i`m thoroughly confused now. I`m a 2 channel tube audio guy who`s looking to replace an old Toshiba 27" crt with a new flat screen. The room it`s going in measures 15 by 12 and we will be using it mainly for satellite tv with the occasional dvd movie thrown in. I would like to keep it under 2K if possible. I have a 7ft wall that it will be up against or mounted on, so i figure i should go 37"/42".
    I`ve been to BB and CC and looked online and i really don`t mind either way between plasma and lcd. What do you recommend ?
    Steve.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Neither personally :lol: But that's just me

Let me start by saying that you could get a 50" CRT RPTV from Hitachi or Mitsubishi and get it professionally ISF calibrated for around your $2000 budget and it would KILL the PQ and screen size of any flat panel for the same money. Especially considering at $2k you are looking at the cheapest, crappiest examples of LCD's/plasmas... and at smaller screen sizes.

Now if you absolutely have to have a smaller flat screen. Personally I prefer LCD slightly but particularly the Sony and Sharp units. They don't tend to have quite as good of black level as the better plasmas and can have motion smear on fast motion (though so do the cheaper plasmas to a lesser extent). As for plasma, I'd only look at Panasonic's (unless you almost double your budget). They have quite good black levels though they won't be HD resolution. Keep in mind any of the plasma/LCD's I just recommended all start at around $2500 and up and come nowhere close to the PQ of a 50" HD CRT RPTV
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"