X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

Pioneer 443 Plasma screen

I have my eye on their new plasma screen the new 443,

I has been tested very good by What Hifi, as beiing one of the best plasmas.

However there are some reports of beiing slow especially during sports. Since I watch F1 and Soccer a lot, this might be a problem.

Anyone who has one and can give some comment about this issue ?
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well Pioneer and Fujitsu would probably be on my short list for plasma's if I had to buy one but the somewhat slow pixel refresh, from what I've seen, is a trait of all plasmas. Producing a slight "ghosting" on fast moving images. Though I would imagine some are better/worse than others. I assume you're going with plasma due to space and room lighting considerations? Or is it just the "cool" factor?

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

I find the plasma's a bit faster than the LCD/TFT's. It also seems that any digital processing like Digital Noise reduction makes a Flat TV slower.

I do not have a very big living room. So I wanted to buy a beamer. However then I also need to replace my TV because the available room (no room for the projection screen). A rear projection is also too big.

A smaller 28" lcd and a good beamer costs about the same as the Pioneer 43". So thats why I look at the plasma.

And yes, it definately has a cool factor.
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

if you can afford one then, sure why not? Pioneer Elite and Fujitsu are highly regarded in the plasma industry. Another popular maker is Panasonic. I'd check out all 3 and take the one that pleases me and my wallet the best. Do you live near a Bang & Olfusen store? I've seen their 50 inch plasma, it's the best plasma I've seen, hands down. Motion on the B&O are so smooth... You should check that out too, if you live near one. Good luck

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"