X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

DB15 cable for Plasma screen

Well - I am the happy new owner of the Philips 42FP9965 plasma display :T

I dont know if this plasma have ever been availeble in the US - but for the people that dont know this model, it is a display with an external tuner box.
    This have pro and cons - biggest one being the ability to minimise the number of cables running to it.

The connection between the external tuner and the display it self is a DB15 cable (male to male) that is app. 5 meters in lenght.
    Even though the display is one of the best I have seen, I have noticed that it does have a tendency to create digital artifacts from time to time. Now I suspected that the cable was doing this and therefore I installed a couple of ferrite rings onto the cable - and that really helped cleaning up the picture.
    The cable is what I would call standard Philips type - so thin and cheap looking.

So if a couple of ferrite rings can improve the picture on tv channels this much - I can only speculate what a really good DB15 cable would be able to do..

So my question is the following: Have any of you tried different DB15 cables - and can you recommend a specific cable? Seems like there is not that many cable companies that makes a DB15 cable at all. The only ones I have found is Monster and Oehlbach - and in general I have never been impressed what they do..

Any ideas??
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

Oh - Forgot one thing. Many computer companies makes DB15 cables - but it is impossible to get any kind of specs - and since the display is creating HD images - I really need a high bandwith cable..

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Sorry I don't really know anything about this cable. Perhaps the guys in the DIY area could help ya out...?

Jason
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"