X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Your opinions requested...

I have the ability to get a great deal on a Sanyo Z3 projector (half retail price). The problem is, I wont be able to afford getting a screen for maybe 6 months. Should I go ahead and get the projector and use the wall or just pass?
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I'm using the Z3 and its a great unit.
    Bought mine from visualapex.com. They now have it for $1469+Free Shipping.

Go for it!
    ~Nick

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

ya, the price I have been offered is half that. it is brand new from the factory... so get it even though there will be no screen for awhile?

Comment

• ktaillon
        • Jun 2004

Hi,

Where do get the Z3 for that price????

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Even if the projector just sits in a box in your bedroom closet, this sounds like a very good deal for a new unit.

Many times in life one must take a long term view... I have a nearly new NEC 10PG projector whihc I picked up in May and may not be ablt to setup until December or January- but the price and condition (less than 500 hours) were definitely "right" for me.

One very inexpensive way to get a "small" screen for initial use is to buy a large piece of foam core white artboard. You can find this at art supply business, and also at places like "Office Max".

If this is the projector you want, then I'd go ahead and do it, especially at a special price that might only be available under special conditions.

~Jon
          the AudioWorx
          Natalie P
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Ya... my dilemma I guess is I am in the process of buying a house. It is great because the garage is insulated and airconditioned and I am going to finish converting it to a media room. A projector would make a nice final touch to my system.

We close on October 14th. I am told I have to buy this before the end of the month, or the opportunity goes away. It is through my work. My guilt comes because my fiance is sacrificing... and here I am looking at spending money, plus we are getting married november, 5th so I will need to have money for the honeymoon too.

I just keep coming back to the price being too good to be true...

Comment

• taz13
              • Jun 2004

Pass man, you don't want to end up in the garage on your honeymoon.
              But if the fiance knows up front, then go for it. That is a great deal. You can always start with a wall and a little custom shade of paint on that wall.
              The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
              Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by sikoniko
                Ya... my dilemma I guess is I am in the process of buying a house. It is great because the garage is insulated and airconditioned and I am going to finish converting it to a media room. A projector would make a nice final touch to my system.

We close on October 14th. I am told I have to buy this before the end of the month, or the opportunity goes away. It is through my work. My guilt comes because my fiance is sacrificing... and here I am looking at spending money, plus we are getting married november, 5th so I will need to have money for the honeymoon too.

I just keep coming back to the price being too good to be true...
                Talk to her first. If you're honest and upfront with her you'll have a better chance. Had you both previously discussed this future media room? If she already knows about it, just explain that while it's earlier than you'd hoped the price is just to good to pass up. Money was being spent at some point regardless so what's the difference if it's now or later? Plus the fact that you can get it so rediculously cheap now will save money in the long run. Which will allow you to afford/pay off honeymoons etc faster anyway
                Jason

Comment

• sikoniko
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2003

well, I ordered it today. spoke to my fiance and she is thinking maybe we should paint a screen for the time being.

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Alright! :T
                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"