X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

RANT! SATV boxes w/o Y-Pb-Pr outputs

I don't like that Direct TV & Dish Network fail to include component video outputs on their recievers. Unless you get the HD rcvr AND the HD programming package. I can buy a $50 DVD player with these outputs, aaarrgghh! I just want to put one of my wooden shoes up their <edited>!
    The transcoders don't help much, probably because the signal is already muxed. Svid on 30" looks acceptable, step up to 55" and, well - anyone with NFL Sunday Ticket will tell you - closeups look ok, wide angle stadium shots look like 8 bit Atari games. Oh (while I'm on a roll) CBS has the rights to the AFL games again, their sound mix is @#$#@$! Fox sounds like you're on the field, & their baseball is equally good. Thanks for letting me rant.... I feel better now
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Honestly on 480i SDTV signals I doubt there's be much of a difference between component/S-vid. The resolution's just not their in the original signal, regardless of connection. All the more reason to go HDTV
    Jason

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

I can't argue that, & I do understand the limited bandwidth on existing SD birds..., but I can say for sure that a non-progressive scan DVD component out to the big tv looks really nice. Granted, not as nice as a digital HD tape. I watched one called Coral Reef I think, it was truely eye popping. Which leads me to believe (guess) that only the Y-Pb-Pr and HDMI inputs are fed thru the PixelWorks scaler of the tv. Besides, a rant is driven more by frustration than logic :W
      What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"