X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeRocchio
    • Jan 2005

4805 Flickering

Am I the only one that notices that my SP4805 brightness flickers during movies?

After I loaded the service pack, that was released back in December last year, it started flickering in dark scenes. I have contacted Tech support several times and all that I can get back from them is "we know about it and we're working on it, the new release is coming in the near future.

I'm starting to feel like they don't have enough of these units in the field to bother putting any priority on supporting them.
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Mine did the same thing after doing the firmware upgrade.But it stopped flickering about 80-90 hrs after doing the update.Sometimes cleaning the filter and reseating the bulb helps.Mine has close to 1000 hrs and works fine.The flicker can be very annoying.Good luck. :T

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
      • May 2003

A lot of people noticed flickering after the latest firmware upgrade.
      They mostly went back to v1.02
      Also, bob williams posted on AVSforum about the flickering problem and stated that its also the way the lamp burns itself.
      Apperently the arc (which provides illumination) gets uneven after awhile.
      Running it on Bright for a couple hours, it seems, remedies the situation.
      Its kind of a case of the arc finding the path of least resistance and it needs to be reset into a stable pathway.

(i've been reading up a lot on low rez projectors...)

Cheers,
      Mikey
      "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
      -Dark Helmet

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"