X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thoma004
    • Sep 2004

Sony vpl cs6 brightness flickering

I have a sony vpl cs6 that is less than a year old. It is already on its second bulb (first one burnt out after 100 hours and sony sent a replacement).

My problem is that after 100 hours on this new bulb, the display brightness flickers erratically. It will go darker and lighter at different time intervals (the only analogy I can think of is if you put on sunglasses and take them off every few seconds or more rapidly up to 2 or 3 times a second).

Do I have another bad bulb? Does my projector need to be serviced considering this is bulb number 2 in less than a year? Any help is much appreciated!!
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Couple of suggestions.

Make sure the lamp assembly is seated in its contacts well.

If that doesn't work, send the lamp back and tell them you want a new one. There seem to be a lot of poor quality lamps these days (in my opinion because there is an industry supply problem). Or because there are so many more PJ owners it just comes up more. most lamps should have warranty coverage at under 100 hours.

Barring both of those, get your PJ checked, because it should still be under warranty. THe Sony HS10 had similar problems and it was a projector issue. Your unit may have a similar design and problem.

BB

Comment

• thoma004
      • Sep 2004

Thank you!

Thank you very much for the advice. I'll try reseating the bulb and prepare for a battle with Sony customer support

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"