X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericschirm
    • Jul 2004

4805 pictures up close?

I was about to buy the Panasonic AE700u because of the great reviews and the smoothscreen tech. My front row is going to be really close (9ft from 110" screen). But now that the Infocus 4805 price is dropping I might get that instead (100"screen). I know that everyone recommends 2x distance because of the resolution but my front row will only be used by kids. Will it be watchable for them? Does anyone have pictures of the 4805 from closeup that shows the PQ problems? (I can't find anywhere in the Atlanta area that demos either the 700 or 4805)

My back row is at 15 feet- primary seating.
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

id take some pics but my camera sucks in low light.

15 ft for a 100" screen? Im at 13.5 or 14ft with my 77" screen.

Ill say this, anything over a 92" screen with the 4805 and youll begin losing quality. Id go no higher than 92 if I were you.

Infact, and I mentioned this in another thread, my friend has a 92" screen and its PQ is nowhere near as good as mine is. Same style of screen, same company, same dvd players, same cables, same calibration.

Im not saying that anything over 77" is too big, but Id rather have a slightly smaller screen with a better pic, then a bigger screen and lose some quality overall.

I wouldnt go over a 92" with the 4805, thats my final comment :T

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"