X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Projector mount

Hello All!, Anyone know of a projector mount that is retractable? I am looking for one that would raise my projector back into the ceiling after I was done with it. I have found one, but it is quite pricey$$$$$$$. It was around $2500 :E
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I've seen them advertised off and on in home theater mags. But they were all pretty damn expensive.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

You're already looking at the "cheap" ones. That kind of automated functionality is very expensive.

I saw a "pre-owned" elevator mechanism at a dealer about a year ago that they had taken back from a customer who had decided not to use it in a custom installation they were doing for them, (reportedly preferring fixed mount after the novelty of the disappearing projector wore off) and the store was asking almost $2,500 for it used.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Thanks guys, I think for the price that they want I could build one myself, for now I am going to use a stationary mount.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

One thing that you might research is building an extending mount out of something that is far less expensive. These items have a HUGE home theater "tax" added to their pricing because the market is so small. But if you creatively search around for a device that is far more common that does raising and lowereing, you might be able to construct something for a fraction of the price. :T

Maybe built from an electronic scissors jack, or automatic door opener.

One point is that because the current digital front projectors are so lightweight, the load/support capability only has to be a few pounds, so it doesn't have to be super heavy duty as the old ones were to support a 200lb CRT front projector. 8O

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Thanks Dean, that is a really cool product, I am glad you put that link up,my brother-in-law had a stroke and is now confined to a wheelchair. He is having a house built that better suits his needs, and those should come in handy for him. Plus they may work for my application.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"