X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiem67
    • Jun 2004

Brothers dilema

My brother has his eyes fixed on the toshiba 57H84 (RPTV) but his friend tells him he is wasting his money, and that he needs to wait for the new Sony Wega (RPLCD) coming out this summer. I say save the money and get the toshiba, and invest that money in speakers or processor, am I wrong. Is this new Sony the heat?

sidenote, watches tv 60% during the day and 40% at night.
    My Car Audio
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

and that he needs to wait for the new Sony Wega (RPLCD) coming out this summer.
    I've seen nothing to indicate it will be special. The last generation of them had issues with blowing bulbs etc. They don't produce great black level either. The Toshiba will be cheaper by probably $1k.

The only reason to wait is if he can afford to buy one of the 1080P sets coming and those will be $5k.

I think you are leading him down the right path.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I agree get the Toshiba or if he wants to spend a little more money for more quality go Mitsubishi or Hitachi. CRT RPTV's still offer the best PQ and for the least money. If his floor space isn't a concern get one of the CRT's. Also note that he gan get one of the CRT based sets professionally ISF calibrated for less money than the LCD set. Or as you mentioned slide that money over to the speaker/source/processoer etc budget :T
      Jason

Comment

• DLA
        • Mar 2005

Mitz get't my vote

I don't know your vendors available where you are but I just paid $1395 for the 55" HS-55315 Mits and it is great...I paid a total of $1900 with a full 60 month warrenty delivery and tax. Food for thought and by the way it saved me enough for a nice A/V 6.1 receiver and speakers and quality cables.
        If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
        DLA Songs

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"