X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Brothers in Arms

I have always heard how well produced this CD was but until yesterday I'd never heard it. I own their Money for Nothing CD which is good but Brothers's is really well done. I got the remastered version at a used CD shop so the price was even better

• Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

"Brothers In Arms" (BIA) is a truly rerference-quality CD. Doesn't hurt that the songs are pretty good too. :>) (I hate to demo the system with stuff that is technically wonderful but otherwise painful to listen to.) :>) While it doesn't contain Dire Strait's most memorable single (Sultans Of Swing), all of the cuts on BIA are at least listenable and some are downright masterful as tuneful, well performed, social commentary, and some can be considered "just fun" -- which is still a good thing. :>) You should get many years of repeat-play enjoyment out of this CD investment.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

I have that as well as the first album and 'Making Movies' in the remastered CDs. All sound very nice. Well worth the price even new.

BB

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

This is one of my "test" discs, but only from track 4 (Your Latest Trick) onward. The constant radio-play burnt me out on So Far Away, Money For Nothing, and Walk Of Life. However, Ride Across The River is one of my all-time favorite songs.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"