X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crowman
    • Jan 2005

Blown Pixels?

I have a sanyo LCD projector and it seems like 2 of the pixels on the screen are NOT changing colour. I fear that this is a huge problem. Does anyone know of a fix? The bulb is brand new and I have cleaned the lense... any ideas?
  • Frustrated
    • Jan 2005

Sorry to have to break this to you, but your screen needs to be replaced. Take it from a tech there is no way to fix an LCD projector. I hope it's still under warranty.

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Is the projector new, or is this somethign that's just developed? Unfortunately, the spec most manufactuers have for what they consider a good panel is often two or three stuck pixels, as long as they aren't in the center of the image. I've seen a 10HT with a stuck on blue pixel, in one corner; most of the time it wasn't noticable. A stuck on green pixel would be another matter...

~Jon
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Dean McManis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • May 2003

Usually the pixels don't go dead, but they are either stuck off (black) or stuck on.
        Different manufacturers have varying tolerances for bad pixels. Stuck off pixels are harder to see, so they rarely swap out a panel that has only a few of them.
        The warranty importance of stuck on pixels depends on the color pixel, the location (edge or center of panel) and if there are single or adjacent stuck-on pixels.

Sometimes I have seen stray stuck-on pixels from a glitch (power surge), but those will go away when you turn the projector off and on again. More often, it's a manufacturing flaw, and the panel/panels need to be replaced (if it bugs you that much).

If the unit is out of warranty then I'd likely just live with it, but if the unit is new, then you should contact the place that you bought it to see about getting the projector fixed under warranty.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"