X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckaroo
    • Apr 2004

DVD Hanging

Howdy Folks :cry:
    Well the old Chuckster is back from being lost in movie land. Finally got the theater up and running. My Z2 is performing great (I think) buy my DVD player is giving me troubles. I tried my sony with component hookup but I guess I expected more. The only DVD player in the Orlando area with a DVI interface is the Samsung HD841. Hooked that baby up and the picture was super My problem now is that it "hangs up" somtimes for about 8 to 10 seconds. Needless to say, very annoying. I have since tried 2 more of these units and having to same problem. It is a cheapo(179.00).
    Please tell me it is the DVD player and not my Z2.
    I don't know what kind of mechinism is inside the Z2 but it is my understanding the projector "projects" the signal it receives.

Your help is always appreciated and I could sure use it now P

Many, many thanks
    Chuckster
  • ktaillon
    • Jun 2004

I had problems like that before. Once it was the cheap DVD player and once it was the DVD disc itself.

I'm thinking about buying the Sanyo Z2 also. How is it when some lights are on in the room. Or what I'm asking is, do you have to view the movie in pure darkness? My worry about the Z2 is the lower lumen (number) 800. Only because I have no way to demo one. The reviews are great, it sounds like what I'm looking for.

Thanks, Ken

Comment

• chuckaroo
      • Apr 2004

The Z2

Hey Ken
      Even though the Z2 has only 800 lumens doesn't mean that you have to have total darkness however the room should have very low ambient lighting.
      I have a didicated dark room for my HT and the Z2 really performs.
      I love it and once you see a front projection you will never go back. Just didn't know what I had been missing. I almost purchased a 50" wide screen rear projection, sure glad I seen this forum and I owe it all to you guys.
      :T
      My only recommendation at this point is to purchase a "good" DVD player with a DVI output(because there is a definit difference between component and DVI).
      I am now returning my 3rd Samsung HD841 :M

I think you will like the Z2 I know I do :T
      Chuckster

Comment

• Preacherman
        • Jan 2004

ktaillon; Run a search for Z2 with the search feature at the top of forums. there is quit a bit of info in here.

Chuckaroo; Glad to hear your liking your Z2. I was about to buy a Mits 55" RP however after my Z2 and 106" screen I too will never go back. Also, living in Orlando does suck for trying to test quality equipment.
        Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"