X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

My computer is frustrating me.........

When I put my cursor on any text......the thread title for example, a little box opens and shows me the first paragraph or two of what I'm about to click on.

Can anyone please tell me how to disable this thing... :sos:

I have been all through this computer and can not figure it out.
    ......Pat
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

That is a feature of vBulletin (the forum software HTG runs on) and it provides you a way to preview the beginning of the first post in the thread by hovering over the link.

Sorry, there's no way I know of to turn this off (unless I disable it entirely for everyone on the board). Maybe some browsers let you turn this off but I don't think IE does.

If you're HTML savvy, it's the TITLE attribute on an object that makes this happen.

Comment

• Patt
      • Feb 2005

Thank's Kevin,

I am about ready to take it to someone for a repair to make the sound work again and I will mention TITLE attribute to him.

........Appreciate that
      ......Pat

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Patt knowing that its title won't help you as that's just the code that's behind the scenes to make it work. Title might not work with some netscape browsers if it really bothers you...if course the older netscapes come with their own "features" that'll likely be even more annoying

Comment

• Patt
          • Feb 2005

My big oops for starting in the wrong forum.....I'll be more careful next time.

My computer even does it at other websites so it must be here on this end.

Guess I complained without realizing it involved the forum.

.........Thank's guy's. :stupidpc:
          ......Pat

Comment

• Parsonsk
            • Nov 2004

I agree, that "pop up" is a pain.... i wish there was a way for each user to disable it themselves.

Comment

• cinema bob
              • Apr 2005

safari on my mac doesn't do this, safari is based on netscape btw.

Comment

• Kyle
                • Jan 2005

Not to be pedantic, but safari is actually based off of the KDE project's Konqueror rendering engine, not netscapes.

Firefox is based off of the gecko rendering engine which at one point was Netscape. Current incarnations of the Netscape browser still use the Gecko engine (with many of the new features ported from the firefox project).

And to answer the above question, you can't disable the thread preview on a per user basis, only on the per site basis. I for one find it quite helpful!
                My gear

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"