X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLIMaxPower
    • Feb 2017

rmb-1075 how to disable power button

Hi, I just got my hands on a rmd -1075 mk2 and I need to disable the front power button and wire in a makeshift one without cutting/removing anything.

The reason being my youngest child loves turning the buttons on and off on other equipment. I have had to locate my current receiver into a childproof cabinet. I prefer to not go down this route.

I have removed the cover and have spent a few hours cleaning out the dust etc etc and testing the wires coming out of the silver facia panel.

Its obvious the 10 red/black groups of wires are for each channel. The only remaining wires are a black/yellow which goes to a small pcb which has a transformer and fuse, and also links to the remote trigger.

Without powering the unit on I get nothing from the multimeter showing that the switch is working. Looks to be another transformers near the back of the switch but I haven't got that far as there are some stubborn screws and not sure which way I should pull it apart anyway.

If anyone can direct me to an easy solution.

The plan is to place the amp on top of our HT cabinet, with the power button on the front disabled but a secondary switch located externally behind the amp, but using the 12v trigger.

cheers
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

what about a solution something like this?:

LINK

my thinking is, once the little scoundrel (just kidding) realizes the amp button does not do anything they will loose interest in manipulating it....?

_

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

How were you checking the two wires going to the switch. It should work like a lighted doorbell, where you won't get a dead short when pushed in, but you should get some change in resistance. I'm not sure if the PCB monitors the expected current draw, or just any current draw. Your easiest method might be ordering a switch and associated wiring from Rotel and just plug that into the PCB. You could leave it inside switched to on and then use a trigger.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"