X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I've seen it before, but didn't remember what I'd seen at all

Rented Aliens today. Hadn't seen it since it was on the big screen in 1986. Wanted my daughters to see it as they enjoyed the first one. Although I thought I remembered it, everything was different from my memory. It seemed like I was watching it the first time. Very fresh. Really glad I did because it's a boss (how long is it since you've heard that adjective) movie. Liked it almost as much as Alien.

This has happened to me before. I've seen a movie before and it just seems like a first viewing a few years later. Once Upon a Time in the West was the same thing. Is my memory that bad or do any of you have the same experience?
    Keith
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

pssst... I revivied the Alien "Q" thread earlier today...click here :lol:

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

I scanned through that thread, but didn't post this there because it's not just Alien. Some movies just seem to stick in my memory, whereas others just slip away, even if I think they haven't.

By the way, I think you're really going to enjoy Aliens tonight. I always thought of Alien as being the far superior of the two...but after today's viewing, I think I was wrong. Both are very fine indeed. Ms. Weaver has that great line at the end, but I won't spoil it. I just kept on playing the line over and over, smiling all the time.
      Keith

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"