Anyone with special titles on their Christmas wish lists?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Anyone with special titles on their Christmas wish lists?

Since acquiring a 3D capable projector, I've found it enjoyable for some of the blockbuster action movies and so have put some titles on the Christmas list: Wonder Woman, latest Spider-Man, latest Planet of the Apes... I'm hoping to get at least one to watch over the holidays.

Any other titles appealing to you out there, or have we finally reached the moment, predicted about a decade early by a poster here, where streaming has mostly (if not only) displaced physical media?
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Nothing replaces physical media for me. No matter how many back ups I have, one EMP can wipe them out. LOL Even the "virtual" media I have gets burned to DVD. I'd like to add Blade Runner to my collection. Believe it or not, I don't have it. And the full seven seasons of The Sopranos and all the Sons of Anarchy.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

The EMP is certainly deadly but if such a thing occurred, I think I'd have bigger things to worry about (that said, while I do have some "non-physical media", both video and audio, it represents a fraction below 15% of my entire collection--and I have enough physical media alone that I might not live long enough to get around to all of it anyway, EMP or not :lol: ).

What I would like, actually, is time--time to fully appreciate my collection. Sadly, I'm not in a field likely to generate massive amounts of personal wealth in a short time, nor am I one to place faith in lotteries (other than a very occasional spur of the moment thing for fun).

Oh well, should I run out of time, my children will inherit a well-stocked library of film, music and books (thousands of each). Passing on culture and knowledge is at least as important as experiencing it for one's self.

And, after that brief bit of philosophizing, back to our regularly scheduled topic.

The Sopranos often come up on Amazon as a "deal of the day" (I got the set last year on BD that way--only managed to get through one and a half seasons, though).

In the spirit of holiday hopes re: movies, I'd also like to expand my film noir collection. Criterion and Warner Archive seem to be the best bets for that, these days.

Anyone have a genre they'd like to expand in their collection? At Christmas or otherwise?

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

What I would like, actually, is time--time to fully appreciate my collection. Sadly, I'm not in a field likely to generate massive amounts of personal wealth in a short time, nor am I one to place faith in lotteries (other than a very occasional spur of the moment thing for fun).

Oh well, should I run out of time, my children will inherit a well-stocked library of film, music and books (thousands of each). Passing on culture and knowledge is at least as important as experiencing it for one's self.
        Veritas, bene dictum.
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"